News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Tsunami Sound missing sounds

Started by shay_engineer, January 28, 2012, 03:56:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

shay_engineer

I just recieved a new bachmann On30 Climax, equiped with factory installed sound. It's a beautifull engine, but the dynamo sound is not working when the lights come on, nor work manually by pressing F5 as the user manual states it will. I have several other factory installed Tsunamis on my other Bachmann engines, and the dynamo always comes on with the light. Is it possible, that the dynamo sound was not programmed into the sound modual? Every referance I can find, shows CV 133 as the volume control. I have set every known possibility into CV 133, and there is still no sound. What gives?

the Bach-man

Dear Shay,
I'm at the great Amherst Show in Springfield Mass, and Soundtraxx is here too.
I'll see what I can find out tomorrow!
Have fun!
the Bach-man

rayport

My Porter has a whistle so faint that it may as well not be there. Is this to protect the speaker? Or a defect on this particular board? All other sounds appear normal, though they too are lower volume than any other sound system I have heard.

mabloodhound

The new Porters do not have a speaker.   They use an exciter mounted inside the cab.   You should be able to increase the volume with no bad effects.
Dave Mason

D&G RR (Dunstead & Granford) in On30
"In matters of style, swim with the current;
in matters of principle, stand like a rock."   Thos. Jefferson

The 2nd Amendment, America's 1st Homeland Security

the Bach-man

Dear Sahy engineer,
I spoke to the SoundTraxx folks, and your Climax can be mapped so the headlight gradually brightens as the dynamo revs up.
If you give them a call they'll explain how.
Thanks!
the Bach-man