Large Scale Emily, Henry, and Gordon

Started by thomasmagicfish16, January 28, 2012, 04:40:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thomasmagicfish16

has anyone noticed how big james is? wont gordon and henry be just a big too large? and especially emily with her huge drive wheels? or is it just me :-\

thomasj219

They are the correct size for the Gauge and model.
All I want is, Stepney, Boco, Harvey.

thomasmagicfish16

:o oh, i honestly had no clue. thanks.
     and to bachmann i say, bring em out :D

Cupix the Azelf

According to the recent news, they're making Bachmann Emily, Scruffey and Brake Van. ;)
Thomas + Bachmann = the True Thomas Experience.

JD417

I honestly think that large scale emily's wheel, would be the world's biggest model train wheel. on a scale of train you dont sit on to go for a ride of course :P

Cupix the Azelf

Ah.
Unless someone made a Large-Scaled version of her class before (Stirling).
Thomas + Bachmann = the True Thomas Experience.

Jerry Barnes

TrainFan97

It would be great to see some of these in Large scale:

•Gordon and his express coaches
•Henry
•Edward
•Toby and Henrietta
•Diesel

Most of them seem quite possible.
My wishlist for HO Scale: Stepney, BoCo, Sidney, Fernando, Mainland Diesels, Norman, Porter, Samson, Timothy, Whiff, Hiro, Winston, and Green Salty.
My wishlist for N Scale: Henry, Edward, Spencer, Flying Scotsman, Duck, Oliver, Mavis, Sidney, 'Arry and Bert.

Shawn

Gordon and Henry would be very under-scaled.  It seems James and Emily are already

chris123678

Gordon and Henry will be massive. I was at my local hobby shop yesterday and saw emily, she's incrediably large. Edward will be rather large as well, he's around the same as James.

Chaz

The only tender engine I can see happening is Edward.  The rest of the other tender engines would be too large and expensive to put together.  Any small engine like Toby or Mavis have a much better chance.
Modeler of HO/OO, OO9 and N scale.  Hoping for N scale Henry, Edward and Duck.

SodorAdventures

I would agree. Gordon and Henry would just be too big, and by the time they get scaled down, they will look inaccurate. I can see toby, bill, ben or Mavis too, possibly edward and the scottish twins, but nothing bigger would work.
Are you ready for Dover Valley's Facelift?

Visit our official site for more info:
                    http://www.sodoradventuresonline.com

chris123678

Edward will definatly get made, if they made James, they will get Edward, they are very similar in size. Emily is giantic, she feels like she'd be the size of Gordon or Henry.

If Henry or Gordon are made, they will be very large and perhaps unable to lift alone.

Zorran202

Plus I'm wondering if this would be only for characters that appeared in full CGI (because for D&D, B&B, and Duck, they haven't appeared yet). As for Edward, Toby, Diesel, Mavis, and Salty, definitely a chance (with the exception of the mentioned Henry and Gordon, plus Spencer, since he's on the same boat of the latter two).

therailwayinspector

Gordon and Henry have as much a chance as being made as any other character.
I reckon if they were made that they'd be done differently-

Their centre wheelset would be flangeless thus allowing them to navigate tighter corners, much like Emily's coaches and Tender have been. Yes they'd be large but I doubt much more expensive then James or Emily.

I personally would like to see Toby next- he'd make a GREAT Large Scale to own...
Steam, Diesel? It's All The Same.
Creator Of Thomas The Model Adventures