Large Scale Emily, Henry, and Gordon

Started by thomasmagicfish16, January 28, 2012, 04:40:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SodorAdventures

Hmm, not a bad idea TheRailwayInspector.

Here is a size comparision (Thanks to LSOL)

Just seeing the size of Emily (31 inches long, almost 3 ft), and remembering that Gordon and Henry would be bigger, I can't imagine a child ever having fun with it. Children will like the fact that its big, but with size, comes bulky"ness", and putting an engine that size back on track would be tough. I don't doubt for a second that Bachmann can't do it, but I just think it might be too much for little kids to, literally, handle.

I do agree, however, that Bachmann could make a great large scale Toby!
Are you ready for Dover Valley's Facelift?

Visit our official site for more info:
                    http://www.sodoradventuresonline.com

chris123678

To be honest, I think the large scale Thomas will appeal more to teenagers and adult hobbist. The HO scale are perfect for the younger kids.

In order to really have fun, your going to need lots of train to fit these trains.

Zorran202

I'm hoping Edward or Toby gets made for the LS Range (to me at least since Edward has a similar base to James, albeit with a bit of modifications). If Toby gets made, Henrietta is definitely a must to be release alongside him.

Afterwards, I hope they'll make a diesel character eventually (considering the only ones released in HO scale are Diesel, Mavis, and Salty so far). If they do consider it, then they'll probably start with Diesel since he already has a CGI face for the HO range, which would only require a bump up in size.

Shawn

I'm highly doubtful of Gordon, Henry and Spencer being made.   They would be near 40" long,  weigh between 5-10 lbs.  And the price...Emily is already an exorbenent about of money ($385!!!  Probably to go up this year). Gordon, Henry and Spencer would probably be around the $425 mark.  Not a toy.  Add shipping to that! 

NGH.  That's all I have to say about that matter.

chris123678

You can expect Edward to be the last tender engine you see for a little while if not ever.

Henry and Gordon are just entirely to big.

therailwayinspector

For those worried about prices:
HO Emily- $86.
HO Gordon/Henry- $95

Reproduced on a larger scale, the prices should increase reflectively. The two may be close to the price of Emily.
As for size, They're much the same size, and I reckon Bachmann would modify them to be so if they were looking too big- they can't do a range without the 'steam team' being done in full...
Steam, Diesel? It's All The Same.
Creator Of Thomas The Model Adventures

Shawn

It took the HO range nearly 7 years to get the entire steam team present. 

On second thought,  I feel bachmann will get large engines out anyway they can.  Be it scaling them down, releasing more curve radii-s or making them really light.  Or all three!

ZeldaTheSwordsman

If the Union Pacific Big Boy can be produced at this scale, I don't see why Gordon and Henry can't. Expensive? Yes, but in all likelihood not quite as much so as other garden scale locos of their size.

dan-hornby

after looking at the comarison picture on the top of page 2 i know from experiance that henry would be a further 3 inches longer than emily and gordon would be a further 5 inches longer than emily. if the coaches were made as well then thwould be about henrys length.

has anyone got a comparison pic of the ho henry, gordon, emily, james, thomas and percy? you will see what i mean. if you do please post on here as i can not as i only have the other thomas range.

mrrailroad

I know this will never happen but wouldn't Diesel 10 look awesome in Large Scale?
my website for all garden train fans
http://gardentrains.webs.com/

my website for all model trains
http://usamodeltrains.webs.com/

ZeldaTheSwordsman

Quote from: dan-hornby on March 27, 2013, 04:44:50 PM
after looking at the comarison picture on the top of page 2 i know from experiance that henry would be a further 3 inches longer than emily and gordon would be a further 5 inches longer than emily. if the coaches were made as well then thwould be about henrys length.

has anyone got a comparison pic of the ho henry, gordon, emily, james, thomas and percy? you will see what i mean. if you do please post on here as i can not as i only have the other thomas range.

Body-wise Gordon and Henry are about the same. Their chassis blocks are identical, the only difference is that Henry's isn't assembled with the trailing wheels. So if one gets made, the other will show up too. I don't know if Spencer also shares that chassis, can someone fill me in?

Shawn

Spencer wouldn't share the same chassis.  He doesn't in the 00 range.  But they might in large scale.

Fergusfan17