News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

AML Brass track

Started by Mcapp, February 14, 2012, 10:12:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mcapp

AML g scale brass track is a brand I don't see often...Saw this on Ebay and don't know much about it. Can anyone fill me in?

Kevin Strong

That would be Accucraft. They make a few different lines of track, both in code 250 and code 332. In their code 250 line, (sold under their "AMS" brand) they offer flex track only, with either narrow gauge (1:20.3) or standard gauge (1:32) ties. In their code 332 line, (sold under the AML brand) they offer both flex track and sectional curved track. Again, they've got two tie sizes--US standard gauge (comparable to Aristo-Craft's ties) and European Narrow Gauge (comparable to LGB's ties). Those ties are different from the code 250 ties.

One word of caution with the code 332 stuff--the rail may be a bit taller than .332", so if you mix it with other manufacturers' code 332 track, you may have some minor bumps at the transitions. Nothing a file can't fix, but it could be as much as .025" or so taller. At least they had that issue when the track first came out. They may have refined their dies for the rail since then.

I use their narrow gauge code 250 stuff on my railroad. Looks good and the ties seem to hold up well.

Later,

K

Mcapp

Kevin

Thanks for the info, very helpful!

MCapp