News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

old canadian pacific engine

Started by waylon01, January 29, 2012, 03:34:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

waylon01

I have an old Bachman Canadian Pacific HO scale engine and cars. It was given to me about 22 years ago and was old then. I can't find a model number but the description is brown and grey with yellow striping and it has the number 4009 on the side. Can anyone tell me the actual age of this train and if it has any value?

rogertra

Quote from: waylon01 on January 29, 2012, 03:34:21 PM
I have an old Bachman Canadian Pacific HO scale engine and cars. It was given to me about 22 years ago and was old then. I can't find a model number but the description is brown and grey with yellow striping and it has the number 4009 on the side. Can anyone tell me the actual age of this train and if it has any value?

Old Bachmann? It will not be a "real" CP engine probably just an American one lettered CP. 22 years old?   From the "Botchmann" era.  Value?  Less than nothing?

waylon01

Well it's probably more like 30 years old going by the age the guy was when he gave it to me. The original instruction book that came with it says EMD F9 Diesel set and EMD GP-40 Diesel set. The bottom says Bachmann Hong Kong if that makes a difference from the American one.

rogertra

Quote from: waylon01 on January 29, 2012, 10:13:29 PM
Well it's probably more like 30 years old going by the age the guy was when he gave it to me. The original instruction book that came with it says EMD F9 Diesel set and EMD GP-40 Diesel set. The bottom says Bachmann Hong Kong if that makes a difference from the American one.

What I meant by an "American" engine was it's a model of an American diesel and not a Canadian diesel as Canadian diesels are slightly different in details.

Do these models just have one powered truck or are both powered?  Either way, they're not worth anything as Bachmann models of that era had a poor reputation.