E-Z Command® Dynamis® Wireless Infrared DCC System

Started by oldfella, February 03, 2012, 07:49:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

oldfella

Hi, like many others I am venturing into DCC control, (in fact I am just starting my layout after collecting for 40+ years)! I am in Australia, with 240volts AC. I have not had any difficulty locating the Bachmann power supply OUTPUT, and I am darned if I can find any reason why I can't use a 240Volt/16volt power transformer to replace the Bachmann one. But I may have missed something. I can just afford a Dynamis and a few command chips, and will only be operating a max of 3 trains and a railcar at any one time, although I may try a couple of steam engines double headed.The layout is 'N' gauge, so power consumption is relatively low. I wont be getting into any expansions so what the dynamis comes with is fine, I just want to play trains before 'I push up the daises'.
Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Brian

Rockdweller

I too am in Australia and just getting into DCC and have just ordered a Dynamas, although I also have a E-Z commander ordered as well and intend to use that on the DCC track mainly (have train mad 10yr son so seems like a good idea) while the Dynamas will just do the CV programing until I get to building another bigger DCC layout in a year or so.

In the meantime a connected, (For moving stock across on dual power decoder equipped locos), but electrically isolated powerwise twin track circuits running straight DC on one for Analog and DCC on the other will be the setup.

I doubt I'll find the E-Z commander too frustrating because I will have the Dynamas to set the acceleration curves with, etc, and for a 10yr old simple is best.

I use a stepdown inverter from 240v to 110v to run the Bachmann wall pack on the standard DC analog controller and don,t see why the DCC controllers would be any different.

Dennis

poliss

I would contact Richard Johnson of DCC Concepts for advice on DCC power supplies. He's based in Perth.
http://www.dccconcepts.com/index.htm