News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

4-4-0 FRONT LIGHT

Started by Bris Biker, February 02, 2012, 06:25:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bris Biker

Hello I have a few questions re my new 4-4-0 sorry if this has been covered before. 1) Is the front light glued on mine is loose press fit and just pulls off also the base of the smoke stack is not glued on and just pulls off this is a new loco straight out of the box. 2) Is there name bars available for the loco and decals for the tender as mine is unlettered.3) What coupler can I fit to tender to pull Aristo Sierra coaches this is a really nice loco thanks Greg.

Sleeping Bear

Cant say for sure on the loose parts as I don't have one of these but on my 4-6-0 locos....there are parts that are little more than set in place(domes) and I think the stack should be at least a press (push) fit. Bachmann couplers will hook up to Aristo though they dint like to and requires a little finessing to make happen. Per the Kadee conversion list....http://www.kadee.com/conv/g1list.pdf    903 or 837 kadee couplers fit the 4-4-0 and 831's fit the bulk of the rolling stock....kadee's might mate a little easier with the aristo's, just not real sure.   Some one who knows a little more about it will step in at some point I'm sure....Hope this is some help....Later All.......S.B.
"If at first you don't succeed....Get a bigger hammer"

Loco Bill Canelos

The light housings were made press fit to allow for bulb replacement. Many Bachmann locomotives have press fit stacks so that the stack type can be changed.
Loco Bill,  Roundhouse Foreman
Colorado & Kansas Railway-Missouri Western Railway
Official Historian; Bachmann Large Scale
Colorado RR Museum-Brakeman-Engineer-Motorman-Trainman
There are no dumb or stupid questions, just questions!

Jon D. Miller

You have the answer to the headlight and smoke stack.  They are just fine the way they are attached.

For lettering I use Woodland Scenics dry transfer decals.  They make all sizes of lettering in a variety of colors.

Another good source for lettering is Stan Cedarleaf.  Stan makes first rate water slide decals.  Stan will make whatever you want.  Contact Stan at www.trainweb.org/pcsrr or scedarleaf@aol.com.  Stan is located at Dewey, AZ, phone number is 1-928-778-3732.  Stan has a very fast turn around on any orders.

This tender is lettered with Woodland Scenics dry transfers.

JD

Poster Child (unofficial & uncompensated)

Bris Biker

Thanks for the replies I understand the stack is a press fit but the base is not glued to the loco should it be otherwise it is very loose thanks Greg.

Sleeping Bear

I would say match the paint on the boiler around the stack ....remove the stack.....with a brush, run some paint around the inside of the hole the stack sits in, apply a few coats and give a day to dry then repress(push) the stack in and let sit a day or two. the end result should be a "paint weld", this should take care of the problem of the stack being too loose. If you glue it in, Murphy's"s law says that the smoke unit will intently burn out and you will not be able to do an easy replacement and hence be very unhappy. If you do choose to glue, which I don't recommend, use a cheap CA (super glue) ,acetone will break the bond(most times....no garunties).....Hope this is some help....Later All......S.B.
"If at first you don't succeed....Get a bigger hammer"