News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

N scale track pack

Started by Sirtales, February 05, 2012, 12:23:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sirtales

can anyone tell me how to wire the switch tracks that come with the track pack using the wires they supply? it comes with no instructions and I'm new to all this

NarrowMinded

Assuming you have a bachmann supply with the push in tabs,

attach the red wire by pushing in on the tabs and inserting one side of the fork connector in the hole or cut the fork connector off and insert the bare wires into the holes and release the tabs, plug the flat part of that wire into the side of the switch,

plug the green wire into the front of the switch.

slide the switch then press down on it to activate the switch, slide the switch the other direction and press down on it to activate it for the other direction.

if you want to change the relationship of the activation switch to the turnout/track just unplug the green flip it over and then reinsert.

Not it only takes a momentary push down on the switch to activate it, don't hold it down for a long time.

NM-Jeff

Sirtales

I managed to get that far, but what I wanted to know was how do I hook up all 4 switch tracks with the wiring they supply?

GoCanes

Quote from: Sirtales on February 06, 2012, 05:39:10 PM
I managed to get that far, but what I wanted to know was how do I hook up all 4 switch tracks with the wiring they supply?

You connect the switch boxes to each other, you only need one red wire from one box to transformer.

The directions should illustrate that, I think (I started my whole foray into N Scale with the track pack)