Timonium Train Show w/ great running Bachmann Steamers

Started by jonathan, February 06, 2012, 09:41:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jonathan

Just felt like I needed to put in a plug for the great running locos that I used on the club modular display this past weekend.

The EM-1 (sound) was a great hit, ran smooth as silk, and I received some nice compliments throughout the day.  Some of the old hats were chatting amongst themselves, wondering if this was a brass model or plastic.

The DCC onboard 0-6-0s, likewise, ran very well.  I double-headed those and pulled a 17-car train for over an hour without a hitch.

Of course the Berk and Consolidations ran perfectly as well.  Although, I did let a youngster/observer take the throttle.  He proceeded to go crazy with the buttons, and somehow threw off the chuffs on my 2-8-4/Tsunami.  Hope I can get a Sound guru to get the chuffs back in sinc.

Hats off to the Bachmann folks.  You are responsible for me having a great deal of fun running trains out in public.  Thanks for making a grown man feel giddy as a kid on Christmas.

Regards,

Jonathan

ebtnut

Jonathon:  Sorry I missed saying Hi again.  I was on kind of a tight schedule on Saturday and only really had time for one circuit around the show. 

jonathan

There's always April.  See you next time.  ;D

Regards,

Jonathan