News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

warranty

Started by willis, February 05, 2012, 06:12:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

willis

this is for the Bachmann,
i got a sorta answer from Jerrys Ho that did not address my question.
here goes, when one buys a new bachmann product, we fill out a warranty card that has the price paid, the vender, the item number and the date bought.
IS THIS CARD NOT KEPT ON FILE???
why then do we have to keep and send in the itemized receipt if we have a warranty problem??

i do not send the card back threw the mail with my personal info for everyone to see so i put the card in an envelope at 44 cents each.
this does not sound like much untill one figures 44 cents times ever how many items purchased, it adds up quickly.
if my warranty cards are discarded then please tell me so, then i can save postage and keep a file for my receipts.
please help me understand.
Willis.

Jerrys HO

What you talkin'bout willis

I could not resist ::) (different strokes)

Quotei got a sorta answer from Jerrys Ho

Sorry willis but I don't recall answering a question for you  ??? . Let's try again and maybe I can help this time.

Jerry

Jim Banner

Was this the answer in question?

http://www.bachmanntrains.com/home-usa/board/index.php/topic,18795.msg151330.html#msg151330

I thought the explanation by Jerrys H0 gave a good reason why the registration card alone is not enough.  As far as $.44 per item, why not put several warranty cards in the same envelope and save a few bucks?  Or if the warranty card has no time limit for submission, then just send it in with the item you want repaired (along with proof of purchase) and save both you and Bachmann Industries a few bucks each?  If the warranty card must be sent in within so many days of purchase, you might  consider attaching a copy of the proof of purchase to the warranty card and sending them both in the same envelope.  This would effectively give you a backup copy of the proof of purchase.

Sorry I do not have more information on warranty service.  I rarely if ever send in the warranty cards as I can usually fix an item for less than the cost of shipping it from Canada.

Jim
Growing older is mandatory but growing up is optional.

Jerrys HO

Thanks Jim

It goes to show you,I did a search for my answer and did not come up with my previous reply. In this case let me further my answer, yes the information is kept on file and yes the receipt is needed as I could put any vendor, date, price paid,etc., but this does not show proof I purchased it and I don't think Bachmann has the time or the man power to research every item a customer sends a card in. I would imagine if some situation seems irregular that they would check with the vendor.
So why is a receipt needed, because it is there policy to include the receipt with the card. Not a hard policy to live by.

know what I mean willis

Jerry

willis

sorry Jerrys Ho, i was not raised up to think of doing what you are infering, my word has been my bond for 60+ years.
Jim, the more i think about reparing myself the better i like it.
that way no frustration, no warranty hassels, no extra money tied up in shipping back.
later, Willis.