Bachmann 4449 Daylight Broke - Can Bachmann repair if I mail it in?

Started by 52brezelfenster, February 05, 2012, 08:31:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

52brezelfenster

Hi,

Our beloved 4449 broke today, it appears to be the passenger side linkage (the thin one with 3 or so moving linkages) up by the front wheels, thing are twisted and bent. Was going full steam ahead and something presumably bound up under load.

Does Bachmann offer repair / service on their engines? Mine is HO scale.

Thank you

JerryB

Quote from: 52brezelfenster on February 05, 2012, 08:31:10 PM
Does Bachmann offer repair / service on their engines? Mine is HO scale.

Short Answer:

Yes, "Bachmann offer(s) repair / service on their engines."

Long Answer:

Asking whether "Bachmann offer repair / service . . . " would seem to be the question of a troll, but here goes:

At the top of the page you used to get here there is a button labeled "Parts & Service." The links under that button describe Bachmann's warranty and policies, as well as telling how to access warranty services.

Assuming you are really just a detached citizen of the 'net, here is a link to Bachmann's Parts & Service page:

http://www.bachmanntrains.com/home-usa/prod_serv.php

--and--

Here is a link to their Service Department Policies and Contact Information:

http://www.bachmanntrains.com/home-usa/service_2010.php

Happy RRing.

Jerry
Sequoia Pacific RR in 1:20 / 70.6mm
Boonville Light & Power Co. in 1:20 / 45mm
Navarro Engineering & Construction Co. in 1:20 / 32mm
NMRA Life Member #3370
Member: Bay Area Electric Railway Association
Member: Society for the Preservation of Carter Railroad Resources

Doneldon

Jerry-

"Troll?" For the life of me I cannot discern what you mean; however, I don't
find the put down in your response to be the least bit obscure.
                                                                                              -- D

JerryB

Doneldon:

Perhaps using the word troll was a little abrupt, but consider this:

There are many kinds of trolls, including those that bypass all headers, links and other tools to ask the obvious. This kind of trolling is designed to make the unwary think that the item asked about doesn't exist, or to denigrate the provided service. In this case, that would be Bachmann's excellent warranty and service.

Since it is just as likely that the OP was truly just asking an innocent question, I also included the direct links and instructions for using them to get what he was asking for.

I truly don't see any "put down," obscure or not, in providing that information, but if you or anyone believe there is one, I sincerely apologize for it.

Happy RRing,

Jerry
Sequoia Pacific RR in 1:20 / 70.6mm
Boonville Light & Power Co. in 1:20 / 45mm
Navarro Engineering & Construction Co. in 1:20 / 32mm
NMRA Life Member #3370
Member: Bay Area Electric Railway Association
Member: Society for the Preservation of Carter Railroad Resources

Doneldon

Jerry-

Okay. I saw you using "troll" as a noun and the only definition of "troll" as a noun
that I know is an ugly, lumbering, crabby oaf like the one that lived under the bridge
in the Billy Goat Gruff stories. Not a flattering image. But I can certainly accept that
you intended no sleight.
                                       -- D