Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

The Bachmann Duck Thread

Started by MetaDude27, February 06, 2012, 03:35:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cupix the Azelf

I lol'd when he didn't have a price yet. :D

Random joke: "OMG DUCK IS FREEEEEEEE!! FREE AS A BIRD!"
Thomas + Bachmann = the True Thomas Experience.

S.A.C. Martin

Quote from: TheNewLittleEngine on February 06, 2012, 10:22:06 PM
Guys I don't think we should trust rumors. Simon refused to actually give out a source to the actual info he received. It may be a hoax, it may not be, but we can never know for sure until Toy Fair.

Wouldn't it be nice to get an apology on here.  ::)

I don't do "hoaxes" or "rumours". I deal in facts.

RW James

Quote from: S.A.C. Martin on February 17, 2012, 11:14:51 AM
Probably, but I wouldn't hold my breath.
Rick

MetaDude27

Guys I don't think we should trust rumors. Simon refused to actually give out a source to the actual info he received. It may be a hoax, it may not be, but we can never know for sure until Toy Fair.

Being skeptical of what you read on the internet is perfectly normal and understandable. There is always the chance that someone over the internet may not be telling the truth. I'm in no way trying to say that you are one of those people. You say you deal in facts? I believe you. However, someone who does not know who you are may be more hesitant in believing an unofficial announcement. You yourself may know that you would never deal with hoaxes or rumors, but because of the internet's impersonal nature, it can be difficult to prove that to someone you do not know personally.

thomasj219

Quote from: MetaDude27 on February 17, 2012, 11:47:12 AM

Wouldn't it be nice to get an apology on here.  ::)

Being skeptical of what you read on the internet is perfectly normal and understandable. There is always the chance that someone over the internet may not be telling the truth. I'm in no way trying to say that you are one of those people. You say you deal in facts? I believe you. However, someone who does not know who you are may be more hesitant in believing an unofficial announcement. You yourself may know that you would never deal with hoaxes or rumors, but because of the internet's impersonal nature, it can be difficult to prove that to someone you do not know personally.

True I like to hear officially to, but based on the reliability of both Sinon and SiF I knew this was genuine. As for an apology Simon I really don't think it's necessary and I wouldn't expect one, people said I was making it up too when I called and received official word. That's just people's nature, no apology necessary.
All I want is, Stepney, Boco, Harvey.

Stepney the 'Bluebell' Engine

Quotepeople said I was making it up to when I called and received official word. That's just people's nature

Some people are just not worth the time or day.

And to be fair, had it not been for you and S.A.C. Martin, NOBODY would have known about Duck!

"Bluebells Forever!" - Stepney the 'Bluebell' Engine
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My Blog: http://theworldofthomasmodelling.blogspot.com/
The Forum: http://worldofsodor.proboards.com

Chaz

All sides in this case are completely legitamate and all mean well, but let me ask... is this really necessary?  I mean, we have Duck coming out this year.  We could have easily gotten Rosie or Arry and Bert instead this year, but instead Bachmann picked Duck.  This is proof that Bachmann really does listen to their fanbase and I honestly think that this is what really counts more then anything else. ;)  Judging from the quality of Bachmann's recent models, I am sure we will be far from disappointed with this model.

We're all on the same team here, we wanted Duck for years, and we finally got him.  Lighten up everyone, and stay positive!
Modeler of HO/OO, OO9 and N scale.  Hoping for N scale Henry, Edward and Duck.

thomasj219

Quote from: Stepney55 on February 17, 2012, 12:51:37 PM
Quotepeople said I was making it up to when I called and received official word. That's just people's nature

Some people are just not worth the time or day.

And to be fair, had it not been for you and S.A.C. Martin, NOBODY would have known about Duck!

Thanks :) and ORN197 I completley agree, we have Duck that's  all we should be concerned with, no one needs to apologize, of course people are skeptical I would be worried if you all believed whatever others said without question, but in the end it's the results that are important and they are that Duck is being added after years of waiting.  I am excited, can't wait to see Duck running.
All I want is, Stepney, Boco, Harvey.

ScotNick

But I think it's better if Bachmann makes less models- but this models detailed and TV-Series looking.
But it would be even better if they make much models detailed and TV-Series looking. ;)

Stepney the 'Bluebell' Engine

Quote from: ORN197 on February 17, 2012, 02:06:46 PM
All sides in this case are completely legitamate and all mean well, but let me ask... is this really necessary?  I mean, we have Duck coming out this year.  We could have easily gotten Rosie or Arry and Bert instead this year, but instead Bachmann picked Duck.  This is proof that Bachmann really does listen to their fanbase and I honestly think that this is what really counts more then anything else. ;)  Judging from the quality of Bachmann's recent models, I am sure we will be far from disappointed with this model.

We're all on the same team here, we wanted Duck for years, and we finally got him.  Lighten up everyone, and stay positive!

Couldn't have said it better.  :)
"Bluebells Forever!" - Stepney the 'Bluebell' Engine
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My Blog: http://theworldofthomasmodelling.blogspot.com/
The Forum: http://worldofsodor.proboards.com

Ivo Hugh

I do find it necessary to apologize here, as I was being very harsh to a trusted source. However, I acted the way I did because I had fallen for this before in the Lego community. A very well known member had posted information about a rumored set for January 2011 back in June 2010, and said it was official. However, once September came along, and the sets were officially announced, the set this guy had mentioned was not listed, unfortunate, because people were looking forward to that set, including myself. I practically stayed out of the war after that, but I did learn a valuable lesson. You can't always trust early announcements, no matter how reliable. However, you proved me wrong, Simon.
1. Skarloey, 2. Rheneas, 3. Sir Handel, 4. Peter Sam, 5. Rusty, 6. Duncan, 7. Ivo Hugh, 8. Duke, 9. Fred. I am a fan of the Skarloey Railway from The Railway Series.

S.A.C. Martin

Apology accepted.

However, we're not like other fanbases. Ryan on SiF has a decade of working in and around HiT and old employees who have worked in and around T&F, and I've spent a lot of my time over the last six years in the modelling community, trying to make my way. We only give out information when it's confirmed to us by reliable sources.

In this case, Ryan and I had different sources which confirmed the same information. We therefore decided to have the "scoop" and try to drum up more interest.

The Bachmann models have been improving in quality from moment Edward touched down, and I personally think of them as the top children's brand in terms of model trains. Donald & Douglas, and Diesel, as I reviewed last year, are all quality products and I am keen - as is SiF - for the fanbase to support quality products pertaining to the series.

Duck in particular is a fan's favourite and we are thoroughly delighted that Bachmann will be producing him - and if the research is top notch, then I can't see why they can't make it the best model in the range.

The only thing which I would like to see is a recreation of the series 2/3/4 stovepipe chimney, which had a very prominent incline to its sides, compared to series 12's slightly wider, flatter, more realistic chimney.

Normally I'd be advocating railway realism, but that quirk of the original TV series model has fascinated me for years, and (in my eyes) makes the model look more bulky and powerful, as was the intention with bringing the tank engine to Sodor in the first place.

Here's the differences:

This isn't a deal breaker by any means, and I'd be more than happy with the latter, but who hasn't wanted to recreate "A Close Shave" in some way with a Duck model of this calibre...

TheFattHatt1943

Well either way, he's defiantly going on my layout when he's out. I think we can all safely say that. :)

PasqualeCS96

Quote from: TheFattHatt1943 on February 19, 2012, 01:24:41 AM
Well either way, he's defiantly going on my layout when he's out. I think we can all safely say that. :)
Amen to that  :D