Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

The Bachmann Duck Thread

Started by MetaDude27, February 06, 2012, 03:35:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SodorAdventures

Quote from: S.A.C. Martin on February 17, 2012, 11:14:51 AM
Quote from: TheNewLittleEngine on February 06, 2012, 10:22:06 PM
Guys I don't think we should trust rumors. Simon refused to actually give out a source to the actual info he received. It may be a hoax, it may not be, but we can never know for sure until Toy Fair.

Wouldn't it be nice to get an apology on here.  ::)

I don't do "hoaxes" or "rumours". I deal in facts.

Nah, not really. Its usual not to take the first source, especially in this case, the only source and automatically trust it. Take it with a sand of salt. In all honesty, I think its quite arrogant expecting an apology.

Quote from: TheNewLittleEngine on February 17, 2012, 09:21:01 PM
Guys I don't think we should trust rumors. Simon refused to actually give out a source to the actual info he received. It may be a hoax, it may not be, but we can never know for sure until Toy Fair.

I do find it necessary to apologize here, as I was being very harsh to a trusted source. However, I acted the way I did because I had fallen for this before in the Lego community. A very well known member had posted information about a rumored set for January 2011 back in June 2010, and said it was official. However, once September came along, and the sets were officially announced, the set this guy had mentioned was not listed, unfortunate, because people were looking forward to that set, including myself. I practically stayed out of the war after that, but I did learn a valuable lesson. You can't always trust early announcements, no matter how reliable. However, you proved me wrong, Simon.

As you are right, so apologizes should not be dealt if they are for an false cause. Just saying, you were right with first not trusting. Sorry, SAC, but its just life. We cant take the one and only for fact if we've never known each other personally. I would trust because of your track record, but it wasn't worth the  hype vs. the risk of it not actually happening.
Are you ready for Dover Valley's Facelift?

Visit our official site for more info:
                    http://www.sodoradventuresonline.com

thomasj219

Quote from: SodorAdventures on February 19, 2012, 04:48:10 PM

Nah, not really. Its usual not to take the first source, especially in this case, the only source and automatically trust it. Take it with a sand of salt. In all honesty, I think its quite arrogant expecting an apology.

Quote from: TheNewLittleEngine on February 17, 2012, 09:21:01 PM

I do find it necessary to apologize here, as I was being very harsh to a trusted source. However, I acted the way I did because I had fallen for this before in the Lego community. A very well known member had posted information about a rumored set for January 2011 back in June 2010, and said it was official. However, once September came along, and the sets were officially announced, the set this guy had mentioned was not listed, unfortunate, because people were looking forward to that set, including myself. I practically stayed out of the war after that, but I did learn a valuable lesson. You can't always trust early announcements, no matter how reliable. However, you proved me wrong, Simon.

As you are right, so apologizes should not be dealt if they are for an false cause. Just saying, you were right with first not trusting. Sorry, SAC, but its just life. We cant take the one and only for fact if we've never known each other personally. I would trust because of your track record, but it wasn't worth the  hype vs. the risk of it not actually happening.

Ok it's over lets forget about it Duck is here let's move on form the (now proven) credibility of the sources, and just for future reference it's a GRAIN of salt not "a SAND of salt"  ::)
All I want is, Stepney, Boco, Harvey.

Cupix the Azelf

Um... S.A.C.... Duck didn't appear in Season 1 and the model is exactly the same in Season 12, just a smaller face, that's all. :-\
Thomas + Bachmann = the True Thomas Experience.

Cheeky_ULP

Quote from: Cupix the Azelf on February 19, 2012, 10:10:47 PM
Um... S.A.C.... Duck didn't appear in Season 1 and the model is exactly the same in Season 12, just a smaller face, that's all. :-\
Actually, the funnel did indeed change shape, but it's very hard to notice.. This is something I never noticed until Simon pointed it out. Good find! I also prefer the stove pipe shape.

thomasj219

Calebtrain

http://www.youtube.com/user/Calebtrain

I am always willing to help the best way I can. :)

S.A.C. Martin

Quote from: Cupix the Azelf on February 19, 2012, 10:10:47 PM
Um... S.A.C.... Duck didn't appear in Season 1

Quite right, my apologies. My only defense is that I've been running on empty since January with my current job and the travelling involved.

Quote from: SodorAdventures on February 19, 2012, 04:48:10 PMNah, not really. Its usual not to take the first source, especially in this case, the only source and automatically trust it. Take it with a sand of salt. In all honesty, I think its quite arrogant expecting an apology.

Arrogant, as opposed to your, ah, "joke" in another thread?  ;)

QuoteAs you are right, so apologizes should not be dealt if they are for an false cause. Just saying, you were right with first not trusting. Sorry, SAC, but its just life. We cant take the one and only for fact if we've never known each other personally. I would trust because of your track record, but it wasn't worth the  hype vs. the risk of it not actually happening.

Strange this, but I tend to take sources who do their research and a proven track record more seriously and trust them more than a random individual on a forum.

The Bachmann Duck is more than likely to be exceptional, based on the last few years. My preference is for the stovepipe but it's not a deal breaker. I'm not sure when exactly the change occured, but the latter is more realistic to the 57XX than the former - and I prefer the former as its part of that overall look.

thomasj219

Quote from: S.A.C. Martin on February 21, 2012, 05:52:25 AM
Quote from: SodorAdventures on February 19, 2012, 04:48:10 PMNah, not really. Its usual not to take the first source, especially in this case, the only source and automatically trust it. Take it with a sand of salt. In all honesty, I think its quite arrogant expecting an apology.

Arrogant, as opposed to your, ah, "joke" in another thread?  ;)

Very good point.

MetaDude27

Are those sort of comments really necessary? Someone's feelings are bound to get hurt.

thomasj219

Cupix the Azelf

Agreed.
This kind of behaviour is disgraceful, disgusting and dispicable! >:(
Thomas + Bachmann = the True Thomas Experience.

RW James

Quote from: Cupix the Azelf on February 22, 2012, 07:51:13 PM
...disgraceful, disgusting and dispicable! >:(
Always best when you can quote the show
Rick

Cheeky_ULP

Alright back to Duck. What era do you think his appearance will be based on? S2-5? S6-7? or S12?

thomasj219

Anything except season 12 is fine with me.