STORE
"ASK THE BACH MAN"
FORUM
PARTS, SERVICE,
& INFORMATION
CATALOGS AND
BROCHURES

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 06, 2020, 11:02:00 PM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<
+  Bachmann Message Board
|-+  Discussion Boards
| |-+  Thomas & Friends
| | |-+  The Bachmann Duck Thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 22 Print
Author Topic: The Bachmann Duck Thread  (Read 147969 times)
Chaz

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: February 23, 2012, 02:33:11 AM »

I have no doubt Duck will be based on his looks from season 6-7 following the Donald and Douglas models before it.  He will probably be the last character to follow this trend, IMO.

What surprises me is his price on walthers is 85 dollars which is the same price as Donald/Douglas and Diesel...   Time to rely on Model Train Stuff or Whole Sale Trains.
Ivo Hugh

Ivo Hugh, Skarloey Railway #7

View Profile WWW
« Reply #61 on: February 23, 2012, 03:58:40 AM »

Well, think about it, according to Simon, Duck got a different funnel in Season 12, but all the funnels prior to that season are the same. So, regardless of which ark of seasons from 2-7, Duck will still have his Season 2 model. I'm guessing that Bachmann will go for that.

1. Skarloey, 2. Rheneas, 3. Sir Handel, 4. Peter Sam, 5. Rusty, 6. Duncan, 7. Ivo Hugh, 8. Duke, 9. Fred. I am a fan of the Skarloey Railway from The Railway Series.
MetaDude27
« Reply #62 on: February 23, 2012, 01:15:01 PM »

Besides his face designs, did Duck really change much from season 2 to season 7?
Cheeky_ULP

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: February 23, 2012, 02:22:24 PM »

Besides his face designs, did Duck really change much from season 2 to season 7?
The hue of green on his paintwork mainly. The edges on his body look a bit smoother (like all engines did in S6+).
Ivo Hugh

Ivo Hugh, Skarloey Railway #7

View Profile WWW
« Reply #64 on: February 23, 2012, 07:08:17 PM »

Alright, new mini topic: Bachmann has posted the official price of Duck, being $85.00. Now, I saw some earlier posts with people mentioning that Bachmann could just add a back coupler can reposition the eye mechanism on the Donald and Douglas chassis to use it for Duck. Do you think this could be possible?

1. Skarloey, 2. Rheneas, 3. Sir Handel, 4. Peter Sam, 5. Rusty, 6. Duncan, 7. Ivo Hugh, 8. Duke, 9. Fred. I am a fan of the Skarloey Railway from The Railway Series.
TheJJ

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: February 23, 2012, 07:44:20 PM »

It's definitely possible. Duck, Donald, and Douglas will all most likely use the same chassis or use Diesel's which ever is closer.

~Simply Epic~
Calebtrain

Hello!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #66 on: February 23, 2012, 08:08:59 PM »

It's definitely possible. Duck, Donald, and Douglas will all most likely use the same chassis or use Diesel's which ever is closer.

~Simply Epic~
Donald/Douglas' are much closer. Diesel's chasis would look absurd. (No offence)  Wink

http://www.youtube.com/user/Calebtrain

I am always willing to help the best way I can. Smiley
Cheeky_ULP

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: February 23, 2012, 08:12:27 PM »

~Simply Epic~
Diesels chassis..? What? It's too small, and the wheel base is too thin. I've heard someone say this before and it baffles me.  Huh? It'll be Donald and Douglas', no questions asked.
thomasj219

Thomas Will Be Coming Down Our Track Forever!!

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: February 23, 2012, 11:12:39 PM »

Of course it will, Diesels' is in no way similar except that he also has 3 wheels,

All I want is, Stepney, Boco, Harvey.
AJWPRODUCTIONS
« Reply #69 on: February 24, 2012, 11:23:12 AM »

Of course it will, Diesels' is in no way similar except that he also has 3 wheels,
3 wheels on each side my friend or six wheels, a 3 wheeled engine doesn't quite sound right Tongue.
TheJJ

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: February 24, 2012, 04:10:08 PM »

Okay Okay I didn't know geez. Calm Down lol Im still...
~Simply Epic~
thomasj219

Thomas Will Be Coming Down Our Track Forever!!

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: February 24, 2012, 04:42:33 PM »

3 wheels on each side my friend or six wheels, a 3 wheeled engine doesn't quite sound right Tongue.

I kinda figured that was obvious... Roll Eyes

All I want is, Stepney, Boco, Harvey.
AJWPRODUCTIONS
« Reply #72 on: February 25, 2012, 08:28:20 AM »

I kinda figured that was obvious... Roll Eyes
Well maybe be abit more careful of you phrase things, this is not an attack berfore anyone sends a missel at me Wink
MetaDude27
« Reply #73 on: February 25, 2012, 09:21:46 AM »

Here's a good question. What do you all think of Duck's retail price? ($85.00) Sounds rather steep to me, but then again, so are the prices on all the Bachmann Thomas merchandise.
J70
« Reply #74 on: February 25, 2012, 11:32:24 AM »

It'll be Donald and Douglas', no questions asked.

With some minor tweaking, the D/D chassis looks spot on.

Jack
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 22 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: