Previous topic - Next topic

DuckFan45

I just hope they have thes things
1 Thoothy grin
2 Correct Funnel
3Correct everything else

Skarloey

Quote from: JD417 on March 07, 2012, 07:24:46 AM
Well with the high price of duck I'm gonna take a wild  guess and say it would be possibly the best model because if such a high price for a tank engine

Well, don't forget, Duck has a possibility of using a slightly modified version of the Scottish Twins. Just moving the eye mechanism and adding a back coupler, and there's Duck's chassis. Plus, Donald and Douglas were both good runners and good haulers, so Duck could be just the same.

thomasj219

Yes, I was amazed at how much hailing power Domald and Douglas had.
All I want is, Stepney, Boco, Harvey.

JWR3001

Yes, if they do use Donald & Douglas' chassis, Duck will be an astronomically good hauler, especially when considering that both Donald & Douglas surpass the Hornby Thomas, James & Edward (all supremely powerful models) in terms of pulling power...the dramatic improvement in Bachmann's design of these models (and possibly, improvements made since Bachmann Diesel) will be very interesting to see in the Bachmann Duck.

Can't wait to see some pre-release photos!

JWR3001

Stepney the 'Bluebell' Engine

I have no doubt, that Bachmann will make Duck as good as Donald, Douglas and Diesel, they haven't failed us so far with their accuracy and attention to details, so here's hoping that Duck will turn out just as good as the rest of the models, maybe better. :)

I'm still looking at the possibility of the Series 3 to 6 smiling face for him, would work nicely!
"Bluebells Forever!" - Stepney the 'Bluebell' Engine
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My Blog: http://theworldofthomasmodelling.blogspot.com/
The Forum: http://worldofsodor.proboards.com

Cupix the Azelf

Quote from: Skarloey on March 08, 2012, 12:17:58 AM
Quote from: JD417 on March 07, 2012, 07:24:46 AM
Well with the high price of duck I'm gonna take a wild  guess and say it would be possibly the best model because if such a high price for a tank engine

Well, don't forget, Duck has a possibility of using a slightly modified version of the Scottish Twins. Just moving the eye mechanism and adding a back coupler, and there's Duck's chassis. Plus, Donald and Douglas were both good runners and good haulers, so Duck could be just the same.

Well, D&D's wheels aren't perfectly alined as the middle and fron wheels are a bit closer to eachother and the middle and back wheels are a bit further away from one another. So Duck might have his own chassis, or just just use their chassis and rearrange the wheels. ;D
Thomas + Bachmann = the True Thomas Experience.

Skarloey

No, because if you look closely at the Television Series model of Duck, the wheels are put closer together at the front, and further away at the back. Something that is inaccurate on the Hornby model.

AJWPRODUCTIONS

Quote from: Skarloey on March 15, 2012, 05:21:08 AM
No, because if you look closely at the Television Series model of Duck, the wheels are put closer together at the front, and further away at the back. Something that is inaccurate on the Hornby model.
What do you mean by that, I own a hornby duck and I have seen the front and middle wheels are closer together than the middle and the back. Do you mean perhaps the front and middle are slightly too close, it does somewhat look like the case on hornby's duck, a little clarity hear would go a long way :).

Skarloey

Hang on, doesn't the Hornby Duck share chassis with Thomas and Diesel? If so, then if the wheels are spaced properly on the Hornby Duck, then it's Thomas that has inaccurate wheel spacing.

Cheeky_ULP

The Hornby Thomas, Diesel, Duck, and many other engines using older 60s-80s toolings in Hornbys range use that same chassis to make manufacturing quicker and cheaper.

AJWPRODUCTIONS

Quote from: Skarloey on March 15, 2012, 08:56:56 AM
Hang on, doesn't the Hornby Duck share chassis with Thomas and Diesel? If so, then if the wheels are spaced properly on the Hornby Duck, then it's Thomas that has inaccurate wheel spacing.
Uh no, they actualy respaced ducks wheels, which means they are in the proper place on both models :).

thomasfreak5

i like season 3 too ! i hope bachmann is reading these too! i WILL pre order duck for sure!
" You never see my paint dirty "
                                          - James

Shawn

*Blows dust off thread*

I made this, it took me 10 minutes.  and it's not very good...

But it's wet my appitite!

~~S

MetaDude27

Quote from: Shawn on June 21, 2012, 12:00:12 AM
*Blows dust off thread*

Thanks, I've been meaning to do that. ;)

TobyTheTram16

Quote from: Shawn on June 21, 2012, 12:00:12 AM
*Blows dust off thread*

I made this, it took me 10 minutes.  and it's not very good...

But it's wet my appitite!

~~S
Good job, very nice work indeed!