News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

The Bachmann Duck Thread

Started by MetaDude27, February 06, 2012, 03:35:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shawn

Thanks!  I am surprised someone has not done this already!

Calebtrain

I never got around to it.  :P
http://www.youtube.com/user/Calebtrain

I am always willing to help the best way I can. :)

DinoNTrains

Quote from: Shawn on June 21, 2012, 12:00:12 AM
*Blows dust off thread*

I made this, it took me 10 minutes.  and it's not very good...

But it's wet my appitite!

~~S

Nicely done.
Bachmann never ceases to amaze me :)

Shawn

Cupix the Azelf

Already halfway through the year... and no official picture/s of our Number 8. :-[
Thomas + Bachmann = the True Thomas Experience.

MetaDude27

If memory serves correct, Diesel's picture was released in the month of August last year, so we might only have to wait 6 or 7 more weeks for Duck's photo. Of course, I'm sure it will be worth the wait. ;D

donaldthescottishtwin

Wishful thinking, Diesel was planned in advance last year hence why he was releases so quick, Duck wasn't so most likely only a early prototype is complete.

MetaDude27

Actually, according to SiF, Bachmann plans to release Duck by late 2012:

http://thesifblog.blogspot.com/2012/06/thomas-friends-hornby-bachmann-ranges.html

Diesel was released in late 2011, and his photo was released in August 2011. If Duck is going to be released in late 2012, then by following the pattern, his photo will most likely be released in August 2012.

SodorAdventures

Quote from: MetaDude27 on July 09, 2012, 10:27:39 AM

http://thesifblog.blogspot.com/2012/06/thomas-friends-hornby-bachmann-ranges.html

Diesel was released in late 2011, and his photo was released in August 2011. If Duck is going to be released in late 2012, then by following the pattern, his photo will most likely be released in August 2012.

Hmm, don't judge by only one source. Its only one person, and he might be bluffing. So, maybe, but looking at the fact there are no pictures floating around, I don't think too soon.
Are you ready for Dover Valley's Facelift?

Visit our official site for more info:
                    http://www.sodoradventuresonline.com

MetaDude27

True, there is always the chance that the information may not be 100% accurate, but based on SiF's record, I'm going to trust the article as a reliable source.

therailwayinspector

The blog post they've put up is a bit late- the announcements for the year were made ages ago, so we know what's coming.

Anyway, I'm fairly confident that we shall see Duck by the end of the year, it's not likely that we'll be made to wait too long for him.
Steam, Diesel? It's All The Same.
Creator Of Thomas The Model Adventures

therailwayinspector

Quote from: donaldthescotishtwin on July 09, 2012, 07:21:02 AM
Wishful thinking, Diesel was planned in advance last year hence why he was releases so quick, Duck wasn't so most likely only a early prototype is complete.

Where did that story come from?
Most models are usually planned years in advance- not an on the spot 'hey lets do model x this year!'
Steam, Diesel? It's All The Same.
Creator Of Thomas The Model Adventures

donaldthescottishtwin

Double post, I personally don't believe models are planned "years in advanced" think about it D&D where announced Feb 010 pics came out Feb 011 and were released in Sept of the same year Diesel was announced Feb pics came out august and was released at around October all in one year.

ThomasFan247

Quote from: SodorAdventures on July 09, 2012, 10:29:39 AM
Quote from: MetaDude27 on July 09, 2012, 10:27:39 AM

Hmm, don't judge by only one source. Its only one person, and he might be bluffing. So, maybe, but looking at the fact there are no pictures floating around, I don't think too soon.
SiF has proved its reliability countless times. It's definitely an accurate and reliable source. According to Simon's input on this topic a few months ago, SiF doesn't release any news unless it's 100% accurate, and as a SiF member and businessman himself, I can guarantee his word holds true.

Quote from: donaldthescotishtwin on July 09, 2012, 10:34:10 AM
lol SIF, apparently HIT tells them "Info" but all other company's like Bachmann I doubt, Duck will most likely come early 2013, hopefully along side a Oliver and Toad.
Most of Bachmann's T&F merchandise is released late in the year, usually between August and November. As Duck and the Ice Cream van are the only two pieces of HO scale merchandise announced for this year, there is absolutely no doubt in my mind that we will see Duck by the end of the year.

Quote from: donaldthescotishtwin on July 09, 2012, 07:21:02 AM
All the models are planned in advance, otherwise the announced merchandise wouldn't be released by the end of each year! :P Like TRI said, models aren't just thought up and magically released 6-9 months later. There's more planning and preparation involved.

Quote from: donaldthescotishtwin on July 09, 2012, 11:00:47 AM
Double post, I personally don't believe models are planned "years in advanced" think about it D&D where announced Feb 010 pics came out Feb 011 and were released in Sept of the same year Diesel was announced Feb pics came out august and was released at around October all in one year.
Donald and Douglas were announced in February of 2011, not 2010.  They may not have been planned years in advance, but they were planned long before February, otherwise pictures wouldn't have been released so quickly. The time between Diesel's picture release and actual release isn't out of the ordinary. The model pictures are usually posted mid-late year, and then the model is usually released by November.

donaldthescottishtwin

Lol where were you? Both Bill and Ben and Donald and Douglas where announced at the Feb 2010 toy fair.