News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

The Bachmann Duck Thread

Started by MetaDude27, February 06, 2012, 03:35:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zorran202

Wouldn't everyone want to? It'll be interesting on what he looks like...

Btw, I'm new here! Hello :)

shining time

Quote from: Zorran202 on August 02, 2012, 01:59:40 PM
Wouldn't everyone want to? It'll be interesting on what he looks like...

Btw, I'm new here! Hello :)

i agree and welcome to the forum
:)
long live the GWR, LNER, and the narrow gauge railways

Shawn

Churchill8F

You know, I can't wait for Duck. Can't help but feel he'll be the last of the classic characters, but that's not a bad thing. :)

Jack
My Blog: 8F Works

TrainFan97

Never know if they'll make Oliver and BoCo next!
My wishlist for HO Scale: Stepney, BoCo, Sidney, Fernando, Mainland Diesels, Norman, Porter, Samson, Timothy, Whiff, Hiro, Winston, and Green Salty.
My wishlist for N Scale: Henry, Edward, Spencer, Flying Scotsman, Duck, Oliver, Mavis, Sidney, 'Arry and Bert.

thomasj219

I doubt Duck will be the last of the classic characters.
All I want is, Stepney, Boco, Harvey.

TheJJ

I could see Oliver and Toad.
POSSIBLY Stepney.
Even though I would love to see BoCo and Daisy.
I think after Oliver and Toad (if made) Bachmann will skip to
Like Rosie, Whiff, Arry and Bert, etc.
(Were Arry and Bert Railway Series?)
No right?

thomasj219

No Arry and Bert were not. I'm just going to come out and say I think Oliver has the best chance BACHMANN is aware of him and demand has SURGED, same thing that happened with Duck. So unless bachmann throws us a complete curve ball, which they have in the past, I have a feeling Oliver will be next (unless they just release Arry and Bert which I hope they wont) I could be wrong but I really think he is the best bet. BACHMANN listens to us, I mean doesn't it say something that it has been ten years and 17 engines have been made and they are ALL classics. They have always stood behind what the fans have wanted in the past and because of this I have faith that BACHMANN will not disappoint us in the future either.

TrainFan97

It would be nice if they announce more than one character a year again. Oliver is definitely likely for next year. BoCo and Daisy also have potential. This year's announcements were kinda disappointing, because there were only 2 new products in the HO Thomas line. Next year's announcements should be more exciting.
My wishlist for HO Scale: Stepney, BoCo, Sidney, Fernando, Mainland Diesels, Norman, Porter, Samson, Timothy, Whiff, Hiro, Winston, and Green Salty.
My wishlist for N Scale: Henry, Edward, Spencer, Flying Scotsman, Duck, Oliver, Mavis, Sidney, 'Arry and Bert.

thomasj219

I am curious as to why people are all of a sudden saying that BoCo and Daisy have potential. Not saying that I wouldn't love them to be made, because I would, but lets be realistic they have no real shot. We can ask for them and as I said before that matters of course but they are two characters that no matter how much we want them I don't really think it makes a difference.

Cheeky_ULP

People have been saying BoCo and Daisy for awhile. They're part of the classic characters, and their motor could even be shared (but change the wheels). BoCo, Daisy, Oliver, and Stepney are the last engines from Season 1-4 for Bachmann to make. Bachmann makes what the fan base wants. If enough fans demand an engine, Bachmann will make them. It also helps that older fans are a huge part of the Bachmann Thomas range. Sure parents get the Bachmann engines for their kids too, but they usually get engines like Thomas, Percy and James, not the ones like Donald, Douglas, Bill, and Ben.

MetaDude27

Quote from: thomasj219 on August 02, 2012, 08:39:40 PM
I am curious as to why people are all of a sudden saying that BoCo and Daisy have potential. Not saying that I wouldn't love them to be made, because I would, but lets be realistic they have no real shot. We can ask for them and as I said before that matters of course but they are two characters that no matter how much we want them I don't really think it makes a difference.

I agree. BoCo and Daisy have only had 5 or so appearances apiece, whereas Oliver has had at least twice that many appearances, plus several cameos.

thomasj219

I agree with you both, as Sparks said if there is enough demand an engine will be made and if BACHMANN truly is trying to do ALL the classics then they may have a shot. However I feel the characters are too obscure and only marketable to us as they would be big and expensive and others may not shell out the cash for engines they may not recognize. We will of course because we love the characters and while there may be a lot of demand from us and even if they could share one body it doesn't seem likely that HiT will approve them. Just think about all the trouble they had with approving Duck, who was for years a main character. I hope they are made, check my signature they are there but still I have my doubts.

Cheeky_ULP

If you express doubt, not hope, that might discourage other people from raising their voice about who they want. :P

Bachmanns done obscure stuff before, they made the M wagon and they even tried to make Rickety and Fred. Who knows, they might try an engine like BoCo someday.

shining time

i agree and true they did try to make fred and rickity
long live the GWR, LNER, and the narrow gauge railways