The Bachmann Duck Thread

Started by MetaDude27, February 06, 2012, 03:35:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AJWPRODUCTIONS

Quote from: Cupix the Azelf on August 20, 2012, 07:42:27 PM
My reaction to Duck's delay.

Remember these are just rumours, there is no delay set in stone

Cupix the Azelf

Well, not really considered a delay but as before we heard he may come in between October and December and so now we got much later to wait for. Then again, good things come after long waits. :-\
Thomas + Bachmann = the True Thomas Experience.

MetaDude27

Quote from: PasqualeCS96 on August 20, 2012, 07:37:30 PM
Quote from: MetaDude27 on August 20, 2012, 02:47:32 PM
I agree. Jan. 30th is most likely only an estimate, since Bachmann hasn't announced an official release date. I still believe that Duck will be released around October or November.
But if that release date was written in stone we should have had a picture by now.  :-\

Not necessarily. TJ219 said that Edward's picture was released only 3 weeks or so before the actual product. The same thing could happen to Duck's model. The release date of a product is not determined by the release date of its promo picture.

thomasj219

Exactly, see this is how rumors start yet. Duck is NOT delayed as far as we know, I didn't expect a picture before October anyway.
All I want is, Stepney, Boco, Harvey.

Anthony P2

not really a rumor. Tower hobbies says he is expected late Jan. Wholesale Trains says he's expected Jan 30.

MetaDude27

But those are only estimates, and most likely rough ones, at that. IMO, those dates should be taken with a grain of salt.

thomasj219

They had Toby, when he was coming out, for July at one time didn't happen, after that the dates have always been January. They are never right and ALWAYS an over estimate now.

MetaDude27

By the way, check out the photo that Wholesale Trains currently has posted for Duck's product info:

http://www.wholesaletrains.com/Detail.asp?Scale=HO&Item=160Thomas&offset=25&ID=200871347

BLASPHEMY!!! :P

shining time

seriously the Hornby one  no comment
long live the GWR, LNER, and the narrow gauge railways

Calebtrain

First an army tank, now this! Whatever next?  ::)
http://www.youtube.com/user/Calebtrain

I am always willing to help the best way I can. :)

thomasj219

Wow that's really surprising, I wonder why they would do that or if BACHMANN would like it.

donaldthescottishtwin

Its to attract the public(Americans obvoiusly not the UK market) so they can take in pre-order money

thomasj219

I mean yes a picture does attract more potential buyers but that's not really what I meant. I mean why not do what they always did before and use an illustration of the engine? I think it must have been a mistake because I doubt HORNBY would like their products image being used to sell BACHMANN products nor do I think BACHMANN would like being falsely represented by what is sure to become an inferior model, one they did not make. It is copyright infringement and I really believe it is an error on their part.

Cheeky_ULP

They probably went to Google or the Thomas Wikia and got the first image of a Duck model train. Not a big deal to me, but still humorous. Someone should probably send them an email though.

thomasj219

Yeah exactly, someone should do that.