News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

The Bachmann Duck Thread

Started by MetaDude27, February 06, 2012, 03:35:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

donaldthescottishtwin

Quote from: thomasj219 on September 07, 2012, 03:21:23 PM
Oh I understand that.  ;D but not much longer and think of what we are getting, the suspense, in a weird way, kind of makes it more fun, makes it feel like more of an accomplishment.

To see our loved Ducky in Bachmann and not the old Hornby model yes it's worth the wait. I remember one of the marketing staff telling me that pictures of the product are release when the publisher(HIT) gives the permission, which begs the question why is HIT putting it off for so long? Shows the hate.

thomasj219

I too have thought that HiT seems to have ill feelings towards Duck. I wonder why.
All I want is, Stepney, Boco, Harvey.

donaldthescottishtwin

Even before HIT took over in S6 & 7 which where made by gullan Duck was hardly used few roles in S6 and completly mute in S7 even in S5 he was mute. I demand answers, HIT still allow him to be made in mechandise like Trackmaster and Take n Play, if he didn't make profit he probably would be ordered to be discontinued that is if HIT give those orders, Hornby has sadly discontinued their Duck and is very hard to find now but that may be due to him being a old model and the triang mold may either be lost or itself been discontinued. But Thomas wiki states staff at HIT have feelings for him as we do.

How can anymore say no to that face?.

DinoNTrains

Quote from: donaldthescotishtwin on September 07, 2012, 05:11:07 PM
even in S5 he was mute.

Duck wasn't mute in Season 5. While he mostly made cameos, he had speaking roles in "Cranky Bugs", "Double Teething Troubles", and "Bye George".
Bachmann never ceases to amaze me :)

donaldthescottishtwin

Quote from: DinoNTrains on September 07, 2012, 06:09:54 PM

Quote from: donaldthescotishtwin on September 07, 2012, 05:11:07 PM
even in S5 he was mute.

Duck wasn't mute in Season 5. While he mostly made cameos, he had speaking roles in "Cranky Bugs", "Double Teething Troubles", and "Bye George".

How could I forget? *bashes head against wall repeatedly*

Chaz

Duck actually played some big roles in some season 6 episodes such as Scaredy Engines and Twin Trouble.  Plus he played some other big roles despite having one line and/or not speaking such as Edward the Really Useful Engine and his one-liner and role in Toby Had a Little Lamb, if you really want to get technical.  Despite not having any episodes to himself, he was a pretty regular character throughout season 5 and 6.  He definetely got short-changed in season 7, but this could make up for Oliver doing next to nothing in season 6 since he got his own episode and played a huge role in Emily's New Coaches but that's just my own personal guess. :P

I personally can't understand why it would take Bachmann so long to make Duck though.  It took Bachmann less than a year to put together Bill, Ben, and even Diesel.  All three have more complicated designs when compared Duck's design.  Plus Duck has the exact same chassis as Donald and Douglas so that especially holds my question as to why it's taking so long for the model to be out this year, let alone a photo.

Regardless, I'm sure the model will be worth the wait. 
Modeler of HO/OO, OO9 and N scale.  Hoping for N scale Henry, Edward and Duck.

thomasj219

He got short changed in Season 7 because it was the first season that HiT over saw production.

branmas

How could they say no to Duck?!?! IT'S DUCK PEOPLE! DUCK!!! Just sad...

donaldthescottishtwin

Perhaps he will surface on the 12th since Bachmann have their last event for the year it's possible. Just a Wild wild guess.

DinoNTrains

Bachmann never ceases to amaze me :)

PasqualeCS96

It is a narrow guage canvention, I would not count highly on it.  :-\

thomasj219

Yea it's not that type of event. Again remember, a picture of Edward did not surface until almost the second week of December.

branmas

If it is released then, it would make a nifty Christmas present!

donaldthescottishtwin

On the bright side the Ice cream wagon will be shipping this month, I am first on the list for it and Ducky on the new website.