Duck's Face

Started by thomasj219, February 07, 2012, 12:15:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

thomasj219

Model face...no contest.
All I want is, Stepney, Boco, Harvey.

Cupix the Azelf

Quote from: Sparks on February 08, 2012, 10:41:23 PM
Which HiTs decisions are influenced by what the fans want.

While kids may be the target audience of the show, it seems us older fans are more the target audience of the Bachmann models. That's "so."  ::)

I don't think "so."! ;D
Young children can still play with model trains (not too young ones, though)
HiT's pretty much like "We'll give what they "want" and if they don't like it, Haters gonna hate."

@thomasj219 what about Diesel's, then? He got a CGI face and not a model face (I may know reasons why the face wasn't made) so I guess CGI won that "contest".
Thomas + Bachmann = the True Thomas Experience.

thomasj219

In a contest of preference it did not, people were upset about the CGI face, but Diesel is a prominent character on the CGI series Duck is not, so I have a feeling the model face will be used.

And with Diesel they gave him his classic silver side rods, this makes it clear to me that BACHMANN thinks about the older fans and more particularly the fans on this forum. The model face with his high cheek bones is his character, the CGI is simplistic. To sell a product it needs something that stands out not blends in, the model face would do this perfectly, as you can see the face with BACHMANN's style of packaging.

I am confident that Duck will be given the proper face, the face that the model we have been waiting for, for almost 10 years deserves.

Please prove me right BACHMANN.

Cheeky_ULP

Quote from: Cupix the Azelf on February 09, 2012, 12:27:44 AM
Quote from: Sparks on February 08, 2012, 10:41:23 PM
Which HiTs decisions are influenced by what the fans want.

While kids may be the target audience of the show, it seems us older fans are more the target audience of the Bachmann models. That's "so."  ::)

I don't think "so."! ;D
Young children can still play with model trains (not too young ones, though)
HiT's pretty much like "We'll give what they "want" and if they don't like it, Haters gonna hate."

@thomasj219 what about Diesel's, then? He got a CGI face and not a model face (I may know reasons why the face wasn't made) so I guess CGI won that "contest".
The boxes say 8+. An electric train is not made to be "played" with. If you are doing so, then I would advise you to stop. Any sort of rough housing, banging, etc. being done with an engine isn't ever intended, and the loose parts on each engine give evidence to that. I don't understand your logic when us older fans are the most vocal in the Bachmann Thomas fan base. If HiT is getting any sort of statistic of whats demanded from this range, it's going to most likely be from us.

Chaz

Duck will not be getting a CGI face, without a question.  He will be getting a classic face for the following reasons:

1. Duck's CGI face was only shown in season 12 which never aired in Asian countries (including Japan, China, etc.).  Bachmann models are made in China.  They will have a model face for Duck as a reference.
2. Duck has never appeared in full CGI, despite his season 12 face.  He is more throughly recognized with his model looks, including the face!  The only reason why Diesel had a CGI face was because he is already in CGI form and it matches his current representation on the show.  Don't believe me?  Look at the Bachmann Donald and Douglas models, and even the Ben model as they are prime examples of this.
3. Duck's CGI face is too small and lacks cheekbones.  It's extremely inaccurate and it'd also be too hard for Bachmann to model for the character.  
4. Duck is a character who is loved by the older fans of Thomas.  Bachmann recognizes this and how long fans have been waiting for Duck, so they'll want to make the model worth waiting for.  
5. Thomas fans would mope and complain on boards and fansites everywhere.  This happened with Diesel as well as some of the CGI rolling stock updates.  It would hurt the sales for Duck, which would make it a poor seller which I'm sure Bachmann wants to steer away from.  

My opinion, I can see the face shown in Bowled Out that was pointed out earlier on the Bachmann Duck.  It represents his character very nicely, and Bachmann generally aims for 'toothy' kinds of grins with most of their models.  
Modeler of HO/OO, OO9 and N scale.  Hoping for N scale Henry, Edward and Duck.

thomasj219

Couldn't have put it better myself and EXCELLENT point about Donald & Douglas. I am certain that Duck will have a model face, I can't see any reason that he wouldnt, because you are right, sales would drop and could you imagine the c

On a side note Sif says that an old and missed character will be returning in Season 16, could it be Duck?
If it is I doubt this would effect BACHMANN's model of him as the model is most likely already in production If indeed he is coming out. Nevertheless it would be cool to see him again.  :)

MetaDude27

My guess is that the returning character is Duke, since apparently he's getting a Wooden Railway redesign:

http://rollalongthomas.blogspot.com/2012/02/wooden-railway-rheneas-sparks-more.html

Of course, a return of any classic character is always welcome. :)

thomasj219

Wow that would be great I love Duke, he is my favorite narrow gauge engine.

Cupix the Azelf

Yeah, Duke would be great to return.
Apprently, Bertram is being relaunched too, although I doubt this... could he be returning too? His tank engine form is being remade so if he were to return, maybe he would be in his tank engine form or his normal tender form... ???
Thomas + Bachmann = the True Thomas Experience.

PasqualeCS96

Hold on hold on, we dont even know for sure if Duck is being made. Sorry for being a party pooper but its true, we didnt exactly here it from a ligit source. Imagine the dsiappointment we all would have if Duck wasnt going to be made.

Im not saying I dont want Duck though, I want him alot. ;D ;D

thomasj219

Its on SiF now so I'm sold.

MetaDude27

Quote from: PasqualeCS96 on February 10, 2012, 04:09:00 PM
Hold on hold on, we dont even know for sure if Duck is being made. Sorry for being a party pooper but its true, we didnt exactly here it from a ligit source. Imagine the dsiappointment we all would have if Duck wasnt going to be made.

Im not saying I dont want Duck though, I want him alot. ;D ;D

I completely agree. I know the announcement isn't from a 100% reliable source; however, I highly doubt that Simon would announce something false on his blog. It would be self-destructive to his reputation, and I don't think that anyone would want to do that to themselves.

Sodor Mike

thomasj219

Sodor Island Forums, the biggest Thomas forum that talks to HiT and often has inside information.

ThomasFan247

Also remember that the season 12 faces on the models were dramatically altered when making the full CGI switch. For example, Arry and Bert's season 12 faces were PUNY compared to their full CGI faces. Compare this photo of their season 12 faces:

...to their full CGI counterparts:

This holds true for all the other characters as well, including Thomas. Just look at this:

VERSES

So, even if Bachmann does decide to use a CGI face for Duck, I'm sure it would be far better compared to the sad excuse of a face that HiT gave Duck in season 12. Though I highly doubt this will happen, ya never know what HiT will do :P