News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Duck's Face

Started by thomasj219, February 07, 2012, 12:15:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

thomasj219

Now that Duck may be on the way I feel we should address an important part of the model. The Face.

In my opinion it would be terrible if after all the waiting Duck is given a season 12 face. This would be worse I think than not having the model at all (Well maybe not) but nevertheless BACHMANN should know what face we want.

Please use this thread, suggest faces.
All I want is, Stepney, Boco, Harvey.

MetaDude27

I'd like either this face:

or this face:

If it had to be a CG face, then I'd like this one:

gwr duck

have u notest that the cgi faces make the engines look younger !!
but i like the 2nd face its a kind face and the 1st time i watched a episode with duck in it he had that face.and it makes me  :)

RW James

Regarding the younger CGI faces - I had read somewhere that the intent is for the engines to be children - to look and act like children. It makes it easier for human children to relate. Still, some of the engines seem older than the others. One of them, to me anyway, is Duck.
Rick

ClearwtaerMK2

This is the face I HIGHLY recommend.

MetaDude27

Quote from: RW James on February 07, 2012, 02:35:35 PM
Regarding the younger CGI faces - I had read somewhere that the intent is for the engines to be children - to look and act like children. It makes it easier for human children to relate. Still, some of the engines seem older than the others. One of them, to me anyway, is Duck.

Perhaps that's why characters such as Duck were omitted from the series. They acted too maturely for the intended audience.

gwr duck

Ivo Hugh

Quote from: MetaDude27 on February 07, 2012, 08:02:04 AM
I'd like either this face:

That is practically j219's suggested face, except with with white paint filled in the mouth. The modellers often did that when the third season was filmed. other examples would be on Donald and Douglas, Bill and Ben, Terence, and Bertie. Regardless, I still would like to see this face on the Bachmann Duck, if it's released.
1. Skarloey, 2. Rheneas, 3. Sir Handel, 4. Peter Sam, 5. Rusty, 6. Duncan, 7. Ivo Hugh, 8. Duke, 9. Fred. I am a fan of the Skarloey Railway from The Railway Series.

Cupix the Azelf

My choice if it's gonna be model-styled. :D
Thomas + Bachmann = the True Thomas Experience.

Cupix the Azelf

If it were CGI...

Sorry for double-posting, but they wouldn't allow me to post 2 pics in one post for some reason. :P

@thomasj219 No offense, but what's with giving him a Season 12 face being terrible? I see no problem in it, it is the Modern Times, you know. Big pardon of course (as Duck would say), but any kind of face goes fine with me. ;)
Thomas + Bachmann = the True Thomas Experience.

RW James

Cupix the Azelf - here are the two images you wanted:

Rick

thomasj219

Well, because he is a classi model that face, those defining high cheek bones are his. Imagine how cool that would look on a BACHMANN model. The Season 12 face doesn't capture the character at all. I realise times change but there are some things that should be as that were in the past, this is one of them.

JD417

I must say that for a model that has been so long waited for, I think Bachman should do what we all want on this fantastic soon to be model, Duck's clay face. I've been waiting for this day ever since I've started modeling, and I must say, I almost cried when I heard that bachmann was gonna make duck, although he is not officially confirmed, I must say the day I found out they might actually produce my favorite character, was a day I'll never forget. But come to think of it, even though that diesel was a classic character, they still gave him a CGI face... But his CGI face actually somewhat looked like the model's clay face. Duck's CGI face on the other hand, has little to almost completely no resemblance to the original clay face. So I honestly think Bachmann will do what's right and give us the face we grew up with, with those high cheek bones, and that cheeky smile. Not a face that has a typical, quaint, smile, with no shapes. And plus the fact that he only had the CGI face only 2 or 3 times! So if Bachman were to give him that face that was seen 2,3 times, rather than one that stuck around for almost 7 seasons I'd find it very odd, and strange of Bachmann to do something like that.

Oh ya and... Hi I'm back! :)

thomasj219

Duck is bringing everyone back.  :D