Why can't I buy a "Balloon" smokestack for my Spectrum 4-4-0?

Started by emjayw, February 07, 2012, 04:17:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

emjayw

Just wondering why the mamagers at Bachmann don't/won't answer my messages asking where I can get a replacement "Balloon" stack for my Spectrum 4-4-0 which came with the "Diamond" type?  I've left 2 messages since last week to no avail.  also spoke to a gentleman in parts who said he could do nothing for me.  I purchased the Balloon stack for the "Big Haulers" but it's not the same scale and doesn't look right on the Spectrum.  Why no extra parts laying around for purchase for us "High-Dollar" Spectrum owners who'd like to "mod" our engine a bit?  I'll pay handsomely for the "right" stack.   Mike in TX

Loco Bill Canelos

I'm sure they would sell you one if they had any in stock.  Check back from time to time you never know.  Once I needed a part that was not stocked and after checking back a couple of times finally got one.  They remembered that I was always appreciative of the fact that they tried but couldn't help at the time!  

You could also see if anyone on the forum has one to trade.  Ozark Miniatures also makes some stacks that might work.
Loco Bill,  Roundhouse Foreman
Colorado & Kansas Railway-Missouri Western Railway
Official Historian; Bachmann Large Scale
Colorado RR Museum-Brakeman-Engineer-Motorman-Trainman
There are no dumb or stupid questions, just questions!

Loco Bill Canelos

Loco Bill,  Roundhouse Foreman
Colorado & Kansas Railway-Missouri Western Railway
Official Historian; Bachmann Large Scale
Colorado RR Museum-Brakeman-Engineer-Motorman-Trainman
There are no dumb or stupid questions, just questions!

emjayw

Sorry Bill, that's just not the right part.  I'm being patient, and hoping for the best.  Listen up Bach-Mann, we want to be able to fix or mod our locos because we use 'em.  Please get a small collection of often-lost/broken parts for these fine Spectrum 4-4-0's.   Mike in TX