News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

4 6 0 camel back locomotive

Started by jake100, February 07, 2012, 06:20:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jake100

I recently purchased a camel back or mid-cab 4 6 0 Bachmann, which was battery powered. the locomotive was used and I bought it on Ebay.  The previous owner must have done some custom work on it and painted it black. My problem is that I cant find any pictures of it nor any reference to it in Bachmann catalogs. Does anyone have any knowlege about a G scale Bachmann camel back?

JerryB

Jake:

What you have might be made from Bachmann parts, but I don't think B'mann ever made a LS camelback locomotive.

I'm certain LocoBill will soon give us the definitive answer.

Happy RRing,

Jerry
Sequoia Pacific RR in 1:20 / 70.6mm
Boonville Light & Power Co. in 1:20 / 45mm
Navarro Engineering & Construction Co. in 1:20 / 32mm
NMRA Life Member #3370
Member: Bay Area Electric Railway Association
Member: Society for the Preservation of Carter Railroad Resources

Wade Colyer

Hi Jake:

Your camel back is someones one of a kind kit-bash of the original RC Big Hauler. They show up on EBAY every now and then. There's one on there now.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/BACHMANN-4-8-0-LOCOMOTIVE-G-SCALE-PARTS-ONLY-/250989070438?pt=Model_RR_Trains&hash=item3a701d4866

Wade

Loco Bill Canelos

Jerry & Wade got it, no Camel back in Bachmann LS!!!
Loco Bill,  Roundhouse Foreman
Colorado & Kansas Railway-Missouri Western Railway
Official Historian; Bachmann Large Scale
Colorado RR Museum-Brakeman-Engineer-Motorman-Trainman
There are no dumb or stupid questions, just questions!

jake100

Thanks for Your Help everybody. After a close inspection I can see where the front of the boiler was changed.       
                                                                        Thanks Again
                                                                         jake100