How dismantle freight tender of N&W 4-8-4 Class J ref 82105 to install a decoder

Started by ancestor754503, July 23, 2007, 12:09:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ancestor754503

I have bought the nice Class J of N&W in freight version with 2 tenders ref 82015.
It is said DCC ready. So I wish to put a decoder in it.
I am unable to access to the IC board because I cannot separate the tender body from the floor. Even with the four locks open and the central screw through the floor unlatch, I cannot separate the floor.
Can some one help me?
For those who wish to have a floor picture I am only able to send to an URL.

Thanks in advance

GN.2-6-8-0

Have you checked the exploded diagram provided here under product reference's /diagram's?
you might have missed a screw that need's removing.
Rocky Lives

ancestor754503

Yes, I have studied the diagram and found no other screw than 10367 holding the body to the floor.No one has tempted to install a decoder ?

doctor_boogie

Did you figure this out yet? I just bought this engine and don't know which decoder to buy or how to install and can use all the help I can get.

Pacific Northern

If you look carefully at the diagram you will see that each side of the tender has two taps/clamps to hold the tender to the frame.

You need to "carefully" pull one side out and lift it away from the tender frame very gently.

This is after you remove the one screw as noted on diagam.
Pacific Northern

bialecki

Well Pacific Northern, as a new member, I too have the N&W and I had the very same question. I recently purchased the Quantum Revolution-U sound decoder and I am eager to install it, so your response on how to open the tender up is appreciated. Your response is very timely.