News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Wiring Short Cut?

Started by Pops, February 13, 2012, 08:28:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NarrowMinded

Get some crimp on female blade style connectors the 3/16 fit I think, i'll dig out one of my kids rerailer and check.

NM-Jeff

NarrowMinded

The ten foot extention is the exact same plug.

NM-Jeff

Pops

On both ends?  Cool.  Thanks

8)

Pops

Well, no more replies, so I guess they'll work.  Ordered a bunch today.
;)

(fingers crossed)

Doneldon

Quote from: florynow on February 17, 2012, 10:18:46 PM
I always wondered why people put all of those bus wires way up under the layout when you could run them accessible like conduits in ship corridors (think like a maintneance man, I've been told) along your fascia and have at least your bus connections where you don't have to be fit enough for Cirque-du-Soleil or whatever it's called to get under the layout and do your wiring.

PF

Paul-

The disadvantage in running busses along the fascia is that feeders quickly become too
long, a real problem when one is using 22 ga or 24 ga or even smaller wire. Feeders should
be kept as short as possible. Six inches is a good maximum standard.
                                                                                                         -- D

Pops

:(

Well, they arrived last night, and my initial suspicions were correct.  Sorry, NarrowMinded, the plugs aren't the same on both ends.  One is a male, the other female.  Looks like I'm back to the original plan - cut and splice.

Mr. B - another plea for a new product - jumper wires with the proper plug on both ends. Or at least sell the plugs by themselves.

Oh well, such are the joys of model railroading -  ;D

::) ::) ::)

Desertdweller

Flory,

That Cirque-Circus was setting up in Hartford when I worked there.  They wanted $75 for the cheap seats and I saw no evidence of animals.

But, the woman who was the star acrobat came out and waved at me as my train went by!

Les

Pops

How can I find out what size the wire is, on the EZ track jumper cables.
It's very small - 22?  24?

??? ???

Doneldon

Pops-

What do you mean by EZ track jumper cables?

-- D

Pops

Sorry   :-[     wrong name -

They are listed as   10' Red Terminal Extension Wire, Part No. 44498

Doneldon

Pops-

Thanx. Those wires are prety small. I would guess awg 26, certainly
no bigger than #24. I'd go bigger for a 10'+ run.
                                                                                                     -- D

Jerrys HO

Pop's,
I use door bell wire which I believe is 18 gauge.  26 way to small in my opinion.

Jerry

mf5117

Just splice the females of 2 of the red extension cable Being you already have them , I did this with my upper dog bone . I thought the same thing when I bought them ,but had to resort to the slicing and everything power wise worked out well . I have a small dcc layout and have never noticed my locos bogging down from lack of power.

Pops

Thanks guys - appreciate the input.

:)

NarrowMinded

QuoteSorry, NarrowMinded, the plugs aren't the same on both ends.  One is a male, the other female.

I'm sorry,
I'm not sure where I got this cord if its not the 10' extension it has the flat connectors on both ends. maybe there's a different name for it?

I think I got some like you want in the reverse loop module but they are shorter then 10'

NM-Jeff