News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Caution for Bat powered Connie & K-27

Started by Barry BBT, February 15, 2012, 02:45:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barry BBT

Have been converting a customer's Connie with my motor and gearbox.  In the process I noticed that the pickup plungers had been removed. This is normal practice on pickups applied to the backs of the flanged drivers, but here the suspension capacities have been reduced, which is enough to negate the suspension system and ride around with no active suspension; bottomed out.

This will also be the case on K-27s where the plungers have been removed.  Two springs are better than four, I think not.

Barry - BBT
There are no dumb questions.

gunrunner

Barry BBT

Yes, I know.  It is not supported and will be going away.

barrysbigtrains@live.com

623-936-6088

Barry - BBT

rslater

WOW Barry,I wish that was in the install instructions.  I installed one the first drives you made.  Now I know why the journals seem to bottom out.  At this point, I can't find the plungers and springs.  If you have 8 extras, please let me know, Bachmann does not have these parts.  My K still has them.  By the way, what happened to your  K conversion?

Richard
Wilmington NC

Barry BBT

Have no spares for the Connie (springs) or K-27, same springs.  I need to try KaDee.

Rod Edington came out with a cheaper solution to the K-27, than mine would have been.

Barry - BBT

R and K RR Products

Richard,
I have some somewhere and I'll try to find them for you. Send me your mailing address and when I find them, I mail them to you. My e-mail address is   rodsup9000@aol.com

Barry
Thanks for the plug on the gearbox.

Rodney
Trying to make a better world for the 20.3 modeler

rslater

Thanks Rodney,  Will e-mail you this evening with my address and needs.  Sounds like my K will be coming to you for the gear change.

Thanks
Richard