News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Plans for Spectrum 4-6-2

Started by Klondike, February 13, 2012, 10:00:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Klondike

I lost the plans for my old Bachmann Spectrum Pennsy 4-6-2.  Where can I find plans for the engine -- need to take it apart and these would help? Thanks
Klondike

ryeguyisme

go to parts and service at the top and look at the exploded parts diagrams

Klondike

Thanks, but my Spectrum 4-6-2 is an older model and the plans aren't in the list (just the newer 4-6-2).  Is there an archive of old plans?
Klondike

Doneldon

Quote from: Klondike on February 14, 2012, 08:43:01 PM
Thanks, but my Spectrum 4-6-2 is an older model and the plans aren't in the list (just the newer 4-6-2).  Is there an archive of old plans?
Klondike

Goldie-

I don't think so, but maybe someone on this board has one and will send you a copy.

-- D

Klondike

Thanks.  The engine did a face plant off the shelf.  I've glued the bell, headlight, etc back in place but need directions to put the front truck back on.  Looks like I need to take pretty much everything apart in order to do that.  So, would be easier if I had plans to help guide the way.
Klondike

richg

Check the below site. There might be something similar since Bachmann did use some of the same techniques for some of the steamers.

http://www.hoseeker.net/bachmann.html

If nothing at the above site, You might also try the below site but mention you looked at HO Seeker and did not see anything. I know some will mention HO Seeker.

http://cs.trains.com/TRCCS/forums/88.aspx

I am sure you know by now, but build a better display shelf.

Rich

Klondike

Rich
HOSeeker was the place to go.  Found the plans for my older Spectrum 4-6-2.
Thanks Greatly for this and for that shelf tip.
Bob

john tricarico

klondike,, how was the old sprctrum 4-6-2- running,, i recall the engine had very little pulling power cause of lack of traction weight and the tender was really light weight, is this the early spectrum unit from around 1991

Klondike

John
I added some weight to the tender, but it still does not pull as well as it should.  And the pick-up could be improved (no electrical pick-up with the tender wheels).  And putting the front trucks back on was a bear -- far more difficult then it should have been; that's probably why they changed the pilot truck attachment on the newer 4-6-2.  Still, its an enjoyable steamer from way back in the 1990s.
regards
Bob