Re: Weekend Survey #3 Steam Trains

Started by Magoon, July 23, 2007, 04:54:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Magoon

Ever ridden?
- Oh, yeah.
Location of last ride?
- Keystone Branch, between East Ely and Ruth, Nevada (see next question)
Date of last ride?
- July 3, 2007, as a fireman on Nevada Northern 4-6-0 #40.
Chase for photos?
- Not so much anymore -- too busy riding/working.
Favorite all-time steam engine?
-Dang!  This ain't easy!  Could be anything from Westside & Cherry Valley Shay #7 (now at Roaring Camp) which I fired one sumer long ago; maybe it's SP 0-6-0 #1233 in Woodland, CA, which I helped restore to running condition and ran for a couple of years; and, gee -- the cab rides in the CP #2860 and SP #4449 were pretty nice; of course, there's Nevada Northern #40 and #93; aw, heck -- I'll go for broke and say the SP Cab Forward!

ebtnut

Have ridden in many loco cabs.  Run a few, too.  Location of last ride-Williams Grove, PA, last Saturday.  Got to engineer for an hour on their ex-PRR 0-6-0.  Chase for photos:  Yeah, if there was something worth chasing.  Got pretty barren around here when NS terminated their steam program.  Favorite engine--Ma & Pa No. 6.  Favorite engine still in existence--probably N&W No. 1218.  If you ever saw her run, you'd know.  Favorite group of engines--the EBT's stable of narrow gauge Mikes.

Matt Bumgarner

-Ridden too many times to count

-Last steam ride- Behind WP&Y #190, or ET&WNC #12 at Tweetsie RR, or Rachel thru the Doe River Gorge.

-Favorite all-time loco- Tough question- Tie- existing engines ET&WNC #12, SR #4501. Scrapped would be Carolina & North-Western #150 or #167.