steam loco, can't determine what model it is HELP

Started by pduffy47, February 19, 2012, 11:31:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pduffy47

I am trying to determine the model of a steam locomotive, It is a 4-6-0- Black and unlettered. The Bachmann item # is 81099. can anyone tell me if this is a spectrum

richg

Quote from: pduffy47 on February 19, 2012, 11:31:20 AM
I am trying to determine the model of a steam locomotive, It is a 4-6-0- Black and unlettered. The Bachmann item # is 81099. can anyone tell me if this is a spectrum

Do a Internet search for bachmann 4-6-0 81099. You will see what this loco is. I just did. You will then have the links.

Rich

RAM

Well maybe it is like the old saying.  Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day.  Teach him how to fish and you feel him for life.

darthraven

Doneldon

Quote from: darthraven on February 19, 2012, 05:27:47 PM
WOW  that accidental word needs fixed.  LOL

Interesting typo, too, since the D and the L are SIX letters apart. It's like when my wife wrote once that she was 41 years old becuse she missed the 9. No, she wasn't 91, 94 or even 19; she was 49. But I can see how such a big error could occur, like if a person had a really bad case of the shakes.
                                                                                                                                                                                                          -- D

Jerrys HO

PF
Rich did tell him.
RAM
I always did like that saying.

Jerry

rogertra

Quote from: richg on February 19, 2012, 11:46:23 AM
Quote from: pduffy47 on February 19, 2012, 11:31:20 AM

Do a Internet search for bachmann 4-6-0 81099. You will see what this loco is. I just did. You will then have the links.

Rich

Careful Rich, last time I told someone to Google it created quite a stir.  :)

Terry Toenges

Just went through the first 3 full pages of Google links and nary a mention of whether it's a Spectrum or standard. Just that it's a Big Hauler 10th Anniversary edition. I don't know myself if it is or isn't.
I guess Duffy must be pretty frustrated with the helpful(?) people on the  board right now.
Feel like a Mogul.

Doneldon

Quote from: Terry Toenges on February 20, 2012, 02:30:56 PM
Just that it's a Big Hauler 10th Anniversary edition.

Terry-

If it's a Big Hauler it is large scale. That obviates the question of Spectrum or not.

And, yes, I suspect that pduffy if feeling that a fish to eat while he was learning to catch his own would have hit the spot.

-- D

rogertra

1) If it doesn't say it is Spectrum, then it isn't.

2) As it's G Scale,  to paraphrase Donaldon, it can't possibly be Spectrum.

az2rail

Before this gets to be to silly, the engine is NOT spectrum. But, I was able to find it on my cell phone, second listing, and then I double checked it in the catalog.

It looks like "G" scale trains are not in the spectrum series, but the "F" scale [1:20.3] trains are.

Bruce
If your parents never had children, chances are you won't either.

Terry Toenges

I didn't know that Bachmann's G scale didn't come in Spectrum and standard. Obviously, Duffy didn't either. There were 8 posts before mine and no one would give him a simple "yes" or "no". Duffy just registered on the board yesterday.
This is Bachmann's business and, by extension, their reputation. How can you justify being ignorant to Bachmann's customers? I sure Duffy can now tell all his friends and family how ignorant the "Bachmann people" were to him.
Feel like a Mogul.

rogertra

Quote from: Terry Toenges on February 20, 2012, 09:14:08 PM
I didn't know that Bachmann's G scale didn't come in Spectrum

Neither did I until I looked it up, on Google.  :)

Nowhere did the name "Spectrum" appear in any of the sites I looked up and as "Spectrum" is Bachmann's top of the line product it's obvious, by simple elementary deduction, that it's not Spectrum because if it was, "Spectrum" would have appeared in all the advertisements and sites.

Terry Toenges

But, did Duffy know that? Is Spectrum stamped on the locos that are Spectrum?
Feel like a Mogul.