STORE
"ASK THE BACH MAN"
FORUM
PARTS, SERVICE,
& INFORMATION
CATALOGS AND
BROCHURES

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
August 06, 2020, 03:22:59 AM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<
+  Bachmann Message Board
|-+  Discussion Boards
| |-+  Thomas & Friends
| | |-+  The Layout Thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 Print
Author Topic: The Layout Thread  (Read 264730 times)
Rollin Mayham

View Profile
« Reply #465 on: May 02, 2014, 11:15:24 AM »

Well I have decided my layout and am trying to get the wood so I can start the Bench work but I still have yet to buy Thomas and friends trains and I have yet to get a list together, but I have a single question to ask is buying Tidmouth sheds worth the 200 dollars it would take to buy it or should I just do something else
PaulGWR

Would you like a jelly baby?

View Profile
« Reply #466 on: May 03, 2014, 01:49:57 PM »

I got an idea for a turnaround loop, it could go around tidmouth sheds make it look like that line in season 1.
Rollin Mayham

View Profile
« Reply #467 on: May 03, 2014, 10:04:38 PM »

Do you think I should do that?
TBModels

View Profile
« Reply #468 on: May 04, 2014, 06:34:05 PM »

Well I have decided my layout and am trying to get the wood so I can start the Bench work but I still have yet to buy Thomas and friends trains and I have yet to get a list together, but I have a single question to ask is buying Tidmouth sheds worth the 200 dollars it would take to buy it or should I just do something else

Personally, I would say no on that. While Tidmouth Sheds is nice, (I do not own it though!) It doesn't seem too great. You could always build your own with wood/paper/paint etc. It's your decision to make.
Rollin Mayham

View Profile
« Reply #469 on: May 07, 2014, 07:56:39 PM »

I got another train set in the mail today and it was an older Bachmann not Thomas obviously so I now have 4 engines one is broken so I have to fix it and it is going to run on another layout so I might get Thomas Annie and Clarabel just because however I am making a custom one with the Turntable that Bachmann Produces.
DinoNTrains

View Profile
« Reply #470 on: May 12, 2014, 10:32:51 PM »

I've made a few more advances on my layout.

I rearranged the sidings as I felt the original set-up looked cramped:

Also, I have set down these gray sheets that will be the foundation of the town behind Tidmouth Sheds

Bachmann never ceases to amaze me Smiley
PaulGWR

Would you like a jelly baby?

View Profile
« Reply #471 on: May 17, 2014, 03:07:03 PM »

Personally, I would say no on that. While Tidmouth Sheds is nice, (I do not own it though!) It doesn't seem too great. You could always build your own with wood/paper/paint etc. It's your decision to make.

Well, I didn't mean the kit itself, what I mean't is it could be fit inside a turnaround loop nicely (although, come to think of it, I'd like to see someone scratch build the sheds)  Roll Eyes
Rollin Mayham

View Profile
« Reply #472 on: May 17, 2014, 04:53:58 PM »

My Layout is named after a fictional place and isn't used on any shows, books, or movies so I might just do a lot of customs
DinoNTrains

View Profile
« Reply #473 on: May 18, 2014, 03:21:19 AM »

Any pictures, Rollin Mayham?

Also, the other night I got Bachmann Toby and Duck as gifts for graduating high school

Fergusfan17
« Reply #474 on: May 18, 2014, 02:35:15 PM »

Any pictures, Rollin Mayham?

Also, the other night I got Bachmann Toby and Duck as gifts for graduating high school

CONGRATS!!!
College??
DinoNTrains

View Profile
« Reply #475 on: May 18, 2014, 02:48:48 PM »

Yes sir!

Anthony P2

this Doctor doesn't shut railways down

View Profile
« Reply #476 on: May 18, 2014, 09:37:09 PM »

ah yes. high schools is ending for me as well. have had some plans to do some serious modeling this summer!
Shawn

View Profile
« Reply #477 on: May 19, 2014, 09:00:26 PM »

Sheesh.  I wish I could hurry up and Graduate!  I'm in grade 11...so one more year to go.  Grade 12 should be fun, trying to balance work at Thrifty's with my studies. 

And, does anyone have ideas for a layout in a very small space?  I have all the things I'd need to build a layout,  I just need to figure out how it will happen....
Chaz

View Profile
« Reply #478 on: May 20, 2014, 12:27:28 AM »

College is not exactly better than high school as far as the workload goes.  I made the mistake of taking 16 credits this quarter at my school and it is limiting my free time, which includes layout work. Roll Eyes

Anyways I recently got a bandai model of George the Steamroller from Japan.  I'll be more than happy to share some photos of the model as well as the layout in general.  I have not had much time to do any layout work, but I will get around to it soon, since I've been meaning to share layout photos with everyone for some time now.
DinoNTrains

View Profile
« Reply #479 on: May 20, 2014, 12:25:55 PM »

Chaz: Does Bandai George fit well on an HO layout?

Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: