STORE
"ASK THE BACH MAN"
FORUM
PARTS, SERVICE,
& INFORMATION
CATALOGS AND
BROCHURES

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
November 20, 2019, 07:41:07 AM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Check out the photo gallery link above or >click here< to see photos of recently announced products!
+  Bachmann Message Board
|-+  Discussion Boards
| |-+  Thomas & Friends
| | |-+  The Layout Thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 Print
Author Topic: The Layout Thread  (Read 241983 times)
Fergusfan17
« Reply #480 on: May 20, 2014, 01:09:34 PM »

Yes sir!
awesome!!!!!
Chaz

View Profile
« Reply #481 on: May 21, 2014, 01:16:15 AM »

The model fits pretty well for a Thomas and Friends layout and would look good next to Bachmann models.  I don't necessarily model Sodor (despite collecting Bachmann models), since I'm more of an American modeler.  I recommend it, but be warned that prices for these and other models in the range are expensive (like around 30-60 dollars), so know what you are getting into before purchasing.  George is the second one I have so far, and I already have Trevor.  I plan on getting Bulgy and stopping there just because I do not have a desire for other road characters since Bachmann already made the ones I wanted.   I'll show some pictures as a sample for what's to come, while showing off George.

I apologize for any blurriness, since I took these pictures on my phone.  But I will show take and upload more pictures once school is out for the summer. 
jward

View Profile WWW
« Reply #482 on: May 21, 2014, 02:45:38 AM »

the photos are fine. the lighting is good, and you've resisted the temptation to use the flash. flash photos of models never turn out well.

Jeffery S Ward Sr
Pittsburgh, PA
AJW98Productions

View Profile
« Reply #483 on: May 21, 2014, 08:42:53 AM »

Scratch-built fence

Scratch-built buffers

Sorry for quoting such an old post Sad, but do you recall how you scratch constructed these, ThomasFan247? I find the scratch built fences and buffers to look quite nice Smiley.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2014, 08:44:50 AM by AJW98Productions The Second » Logged
ScotNick

View Profile
« Reply #484 on: May 21, 2014, 11:45:08 AM »

Well, to me the buffer looks like being made of ties from the tracks, and the fence maybe just some wooden sticks  Huh?
BassTbone

View Profile
« Reply #485 on: May 23, 2014, 10:09:02 AM »

College is not exactly better than high school as far as the workload goes.  I made the mistake of taking 16 credits this quarter at my school and it is limiting my free time, which includes layout work. Roll Eyes

I agree with Chaz.  Having graduated with my Bachelors myself, I participated in the marching band, worked as a RA, and took 14 hours a semester.  It does make you value your time you have to your trains.  That being said, college allows you freedom in your time.  I knew some who scheduled their classes only on Tuesday and Thursday. 

Sheesh.  I wish I could hurry up and Graduate!  I'm in grade 11...so one more year to go.  Grade 12 should be fun, trying to balance work at Thrifty's with my studies. 

And, does anyone have ideas for a layout in a very small space?  I have all the things I'd need to build a layout,  I just need to figure out how it will happen....
I have built a layout when I lived in a small apartment.  It was only four feet long and two feet wide.  If you are looking for small in HO scale, a shunting layout is good.  I modelled N scale too for a year, but it was too tiny for my taste. 

Here are some pics of the layout. 

Also modular layouts are good too.  My current one splits into two so I can transport it.
DinoNTrains

View Profile
« Reply #486 on: May 23, 2014, 02:05:40 PM »

Nice layout! Smiley

And is that Bachmann City of Truro?

Bachmann never ceases to amaze me Smiley
ThomasFan247

View Profile
« Reply #487 on: May 24, 2014, 12:15:52 PM »

Sorry for quoting such an old post Sad, but do you recall how you scratch constructed these, ThomasFan247? I find the scratch built fences and buffers to look quite nice Smiley.
I used spare sleepers/railroad ties to build the buffers and tooth picks for the fences Smiley
AJW98Productions

View Profile
« Reply #488 on: May 26, 2014, 07:34:49 AM »

I used spare sleepers/railroad ties to build the buffers and tooth picks for the fences Smiley
Cheers, man Smiley
DinoNTrains

View Profile
« Reply #489 on: May 26, 2014, 02:49:53 PM »

A few more updates on my layout.

I have glued those grey sheets for my town. The water tower in the middle will be the centerpiece of the town.

A few days ago, I got Henrietta (she was the very first item I ordered from the Internet by myself)

And now, here's just a shot of NWR engines #1-10 at Tidmouth Sheds Smiley

shining time

long live the narrow gauge railway

View Profile
« Reply #490 on: June 07, 2014, 08:18:34 PM »

here's an update of mine sorry i haven't been on in awhile school and work have had me tied up

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eGBU3spXE7c&list=UUx5wu1awl7btblP4RfSVZCA

long live the GWR, LNER, and the narrow gauge railways
DinoNTrains

View Profile
« Reply #491 on: July 22, 2014, 12:18:07 PM »

Time for some updates!

A few days ago, I got Emily after getting her coaches.

Yesterday, I tore up the inner loop's hill. I intend to place a tunnel on the inner loop.

Also, I will be using the other bridge on the hill.

DinoNTrains

View Profile
« Reply #492 on: November 02, 2014, 12:47:13 AM »

Sorry to double post, but this thread hasn't had much activity.

Back in July, I got some straight tracks for the layout:

And this evening, as an early birthday gift, I received Mavis and Diesel. They're awesome!
« Last Edit: November 11, 2014, 02:54:47 PM by DinoNTrains » Logged

PaulGWR

Would you like a jelly baby?

View Profile
« Reply #493 on: November 10, 2014, 08:24:42 PM »

Good news! My dad and I agreed to start the bench work for our new layout tomorrow!  Grin Grin Grin Grin
PasqualeCS96

View Profile
« Reply #494 on: November 14, 2014, 02:29:22 PM »

Since I have a good amount of snow in my neck of the woods, its probably a good time to decorate the layout for Christmas.  Cheesy
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: