News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

The Layout Thread

Started by SodorAdventures, February 22, 2012, 10:25:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DinoNTrains

Merry Christmas everyone! Here are some updates on my layout. :)

My dockyard:

I recieved two Tidmouth Shed expansion packs and Knapford Station for Christmas:

Here's Thomas and Gordon at Knapford and Henry testing the added stalls:

My layout as of now:

What do you think? And once again, Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year! :D
Bachmann never ceases to amaze me :)

AJWPRODUCTIONS

Quote from: DinoNTrains on December 25, 2012, 04:10:06 AM
Merry Christmas everyone! Here are some updates on my layout. :)

My dockyard:

I recieved two Tidmouth Shed expansion packs and Knapford Station for Christmas:

Here's Thomas and Gordon at Knapford and Henry testing the added stalls:

My layout as of now:

What do you think? And once again, Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year! :D
Very good Layout DinoNtrains, the sheds and knapford look wonderful. Merry christmas to everyone and a happy new year as well :D .

AndyJB

Looking good.
You are the first guy I've seen with a complete half circle of sheds (9) could measure the full width and from front of turntable to rear or sheds? Thanks

DinoNTrains

@AJW98Productions: Thank you! Merry Christmas to you :)

@AndyJB: Thank you, and I'll get right to measuring the dimensions of my Tidmouth Sheds

Shawn

Knapford looks really nice!

DinoNTrains

It is very nice indeed :D

And here's Cranky at the docks:

And AndyJB: The measurements for my new Tidmouth are 27 1/2 in. (from the turntable to the rear of the sheds) and 40 in. (from one end of the sheds to the other.)

AndyJB

Thanks DinoNTrains for the measurements.
Man that's pretty big, I had planned on an additional 36" X  48" module for the round house but that allows little room for locos to round a curve once on the module before they will hit the turn table. I'll have to sharpen my pencil again and work something out. ;D

DinoNTrains

Quote from: AndyJB on December 26, 2012, 10:51:37 AM
Thanks DinoNTrains for the measurements.
Man that's pretty big, I had planned on an additional 36" X  48" module for the round house but that allows little room for locos to round a curve once on the module before they will hit the turn table. I'll have to sharpen my pencil again and work something out. ;D

Happy to help! :) 

BassTbone

Some pictures of my "shelf" layout:

thomasj219

Fantastic! Post more if you can, I love those buffers, where did you get them?
All I want is, Stepney, Boco, Harvey.

BassTbone

Thank you! 

Those buffers are scratch-built.  Some styrene and Bachmann UK's buffers. 
I'll post more pics when more is done

Cirkit:)

Nine stalls at Tidmouth? That's a lot of space!
I think the layout looks good so far, DinoNTrains. Seems very focused on the 'main' locations, ie the Docks, the sheds, the Big Station, etc.  It appears very compact in the picture(below Henry at the sheds), and that's very good if you have limited space to work with.

Also, I really like those buffers, Bass'. They really give the layout a Sodor 'feel'. :)
I really like how it looks so far.

AndyJB

Well I'm back working on my Grandsons layout. Most of the track is down just a couple of branches to finish. We are trying to add some Misty Island features like the Shake Shake bridge and the end of track feature where Diesel lost the Jobi wood and almost went in the sea himself. Next is to run the bus cable, droppers and start converting the locos to DCC/Sound and the rest of the rolling stock to KD couplers.
Hopefully it will be interesting enough to post photos soon.

Shawn

This is sounding good. Your grandson is a very lucky boy!

TobyTheTram16

BassTbone, your layout is looking incredible. Keep up the great work!