News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

The Layout Thread

Started by SodorAdventures, February 22, 2012, 10:25:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BassTbone

Mine is a 4'x6' that divides into two sections for portability.  The legs are PVC pipe that screw on.  It is held together by using wing nuts and wooden dowels.

ThomasFan247

Over this past weekend, I've managed to basically complete the Wellsworth and Knapford sections of the layout. Here are some pictures, and I hope you enjoy :)

Retaining Walls

View of the yard (and water tower; I have to build more sets of buffers as you can see)

Edward and Emily

Overview of Wellsworth

Emily passes under the bridge

Edward and Emily (again)

Another overview

Thomas passes the signal on the 'up' line

Here you can see that I have more backdrop to complete :P

Thomas and Bear at Knapford

You can see how close together the two sections truly are

Scratch-built fence

Scratch-built buffers

Overview of Knapford

Percy in the mail depot sidings

View from the lighthouse

View from the tunnel

Any comments are welcome! :)

Calebtrain

Christian, your work always blows me away.  ;D Never ceasing to amaze. ;)
http://www.youtube.com/user/Calebtrain

I am always willing to help the best way I can. :)

Mulfred

Christian your layout so far looks amazing. I love the shots of Edward and Emily noticed Trevor too a very nice touch. Can't wait to see it all once completed

ThomasFan247

Thank you very much! ;D Hopefully there will be more by the end of the week :)

BassTbone

WOW!  This is something to be proud of! 

Any particular season you are modeling or is classified as just Sodor?

ThomasFan247

Thank you! :D I'm modelling mostly based on the RWS illustrations by Clive Spong, but I'm also adding my own touches here and there :)

Anthony P2

amazing detail!  :o i look forward to seeing other parts of the layout! and is that Heljans Hymek model?

ThomasFan247

Thank you very much! ;D And yes it is :)

PasqualeCS96

Very nice layout!! Are you planning to have Tidmouth Sheds and Knapford Station on your layout?

ThomasFan247

Thank you! :) I will have Tidmouth sheds, but not the roundhouse. I have a Bachmann Scenecraft shed I'll be using :) And the second station in the photos I've uploaded is Knapford ;)

PasqualeCS96

Quote from: ThomasFan247 on June 24, 2013, 01:30:07 PM
Thank you! :) I will have Tidmouth sheds, but not the roundhouse. I have a Bachmann Scenecraft shed I'll be using :) And the second station in the photos I've uploaded is Knapford ;)
Very nice! Im sorry I meant the kit that Bachmann sells of Knapford station.  :-\

ThomasFan247

Ah, that's quite alright. No, I will not be including that kit on the layout, but I may purchase it to use for smaller sets :)

Anyways, if anyone is interested on seeing Knapford in action...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eols7tWyYt8 :)

SodorAdventures

Looks great, as always! By the way, what did you use for the brick wall, I mean what company makes that? Honestly, it looks awesome!
Are you ready for Dover Valley's Facelift?

Visit our official site for more info:
                    http://www.sodoradventuresonline.com