News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

The Layout Thread

Started by SodorAdventures, February 22, 2012, 10:25:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cheeky_ULP

This is the Nissen Hut I'm using for Dryaw. Some appear on its set throughout the seasons. They're basically storage sheds.

Harold has his own hangar, separately.

SodorAdventures

Oh, wow! I never knew what they were called, but they look just like the ones in the series. Any plans to paint them?
Are you ready for Dover Valley's Facelift?

Visit our official site for more info:
                    http://www.sodoradventuresonline.com

Cheeky_ULP

No plans to re-paint it, since they're already a dark green.

For reference, this is about how big they are. They're also seen in some quarry and farm sets (such as McColl).

I'm also open to requests for layout plans, for anyone struggling to make a layout of their own. Just give me the dimensions and the general idea of scenes you want on the layout. I feel like messing around in Anyrail.

Rollin Mayham

My mom has me putting my layout on the floor Which has pros and cons 1 pro is I have more space 1 con is I could or anybody could trample it so I am not doing any scenery or very many buildings for a while oh well it may still look cool at least until I get a space for my railroad to be permanent

Anthony P2

I've been thinking about redoing the layout. Instead of the two 4x8 tables together with the 4x4 coming off of it, maybe configure them into a "U" shape. This will allow the engines to have a longer run and i can get to every part of the layout easier. I'll still keep the same locations (Brendam, Great Waterton, and Tidmouth), and hopefully i can fit in an extra yard for the carriages.

Oh and I had ordered Duck last week and he came yesterday!  ;D I'm pleased with how he turned out!

Rollin Mayham

Have fun with that of course afterwards send pictures to show us how it turned out

DinoNTrains

Hey there! Sorry for a lack of updates, but today my dad and I have done some work on my layout.

We've glued down the Styrofoam inclines on both sides. We even cut some of the inclines to accommodate my black truss bridge on the inside track. (I got a silver one just a few days ago, and that will go on the outside track.)

Here's another pic just to show you what I mean:

And last of all (for today), here is the layout as of now.

Thoughts?
Bachmann never ceases to amaze me :)

Fergusfan17

Where did you get that bridge?

DinoNTrains

Which one? The black one or the gray one?

Fergusfan17

Fergusfan17

Quote from: Sparks on August 26, 2013, 11:22:15 PM

For reference, this is about how big they are. They're also seen in some quarry and farm sets (such as McColl).

I'm also open to requests for layout plans, for anyone struggling to make a layout of their own. Just give me the dimensions and the general idea of scenes you want on the layout. I feel like messing around in Anyrail.

I would love help. Any size is fine.... I HAVE SPACE. I would want scenes like Knapford, Brendam, and Tidmouth Haeds. Also some smaller stations and a main line would be good... If that's ok..  :)  :) :)

Thanks,
Fergusfan17

Cheeky_ULP

How much space do you have? Helps to have a measurement.

Fergusfan17

Quote from: Sparks on October 15, 2013, 05:34:50 PM
How much space do you have? Helps to have a measurement.

Hmmmmm....
7 ft. By 10 ft. I guess?

DinoNTrains

Quote from: Fergusfan17 on October 15, 2013, 07:23:54 AM
Quote from: DinoNTrains on October 14, 2013, 10:24:10 PM
Which one? The black one or the gray one?

Both

The black bridge I got at the Great Train Expo in Denver, Colorado in February, 2011. The grey bridge came from eBay.

ThomasBachannRemakes

Quote from: Sparks on August 26, 2013, 11:22:15 PM

I need help. I want the layout to look just like the TV show, having spots like the quarry, Tidmouth Sheds, Knapford, the docks, maybe some stations or fields. The layout may be 4 x 8 or larger depending on where I build it. If it's easy to change the layout for every remake, I can do that. Thanks if you reply!
Bringing you Thomas The Tank Engine Remakes since 2014!