News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

The Layout Thread

Started by SodorAdventures, February 22, 2012, 10:25:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rollin Mayham

Well I have decided my layout and am trying to get the wood so I can start the Bench work but I still have yet to buy Thomas and friends trains and I have yet to get a list together, but I have a single question to ask is buying Tidmouth sheds worth the 200 dollars it would take to buy it or should I just do something else

PaulGWR

I got an idea for a turnaround loop, it could go around tidmouth sheds make it look like that line in season 1.

Rollin Mayham

Do you think I should do that?

TBModels

Quote from: Rollin Mayham on May 02, 2014, 11:15:24 AM
Well I have decided my layout and am trying to get the wood so I can start the Bench work but I still have yet to buy Thomas and friends trains and I have yet to get a list together, but I have a single question to ask is buying Tidmouth sheds worth the 200 dollars it would take to buy it or should I just do something else

Personally, I would say no on that. While Tidmouth Sheds is nice, (I do not own it though!) It doesn't seem too great. You could always build your own with wood/paper/paint etc. It's your decision to make.

Rollin Mayham

I got another train set in the mail today and it was an older Bachmann not Thomas obviously so I now have 4 engines one is broken so I have to fix it and it is going to run on another layout so I might get Thomas Annie and Clarabel just because however I am making a custom one with the Turntable that Bachmann Produces.

DinoNTrains

I've made a few more advances on my layout.

I rearranged the sidings as I felt the original set-up looked cramped:

Also, I have set down these gray sheets that will be the foundation of the town behind Tidmouth Sheds
Bachmann never ceases to amaze me :)

PaulGWR

Quote from: ThunderbirdComics on May 04, 2014, 06:34:05 PM
Quote from: Rollin Mayham on May 02, 2014, 11:15:24 AM

Personally, I would say no on that. While Tidmouth Sheds is nice, (I do not own it though!) It doesn't seem too great. You could always build your own with wood/paper/paint etc. It's your decision to make.

Well, I didn't mean the kit itself, what I mean't is it could be fit inside a turnaround loop nicely (although, come to think of it, I'd like to see someone scratch build the sheds)  ::)

Rollin Mayham

My Layout is named after a fictional place and isn't used on any shows, books, or movies so I might just do a lot of customs

DinoNTrains

Any pictures, Rollin Mayham?

Also, the other night I got Bachmann Toby and Duck as gifts for graduating high school

Fergusfan17

Quote from: DinoNTrains on May 18, 2014, 03:21:19 AM
Any pictures, Rollin Mayham?

Also, the other night I got Bachmann Toby and Duck as gifts for graduating high school

CONGRATS!!!
College??

DinoNTrains

Anthony P2

ah yes. high schools is ending for me as well. have had some plans to do some serious modeling this summer!

Shawn

Sheesh.  I wish I could hurry up and Graduate!  I'm in grade 11...so one more year to go.  Grade 12 should be fun, trying to balance work at Thrifty's with my studies. 

And, does anyone have ideas for a layout in a very small space?  I have all the things I'd need to build a layout,  I just need to figure out how it will happen....

Chaz

College is not exactly better than high school as far as the workload goes.  I made the mistake of taking 16 credits this quarter at my school and it is limiting my free time, which includes layout work. ::)

Anyways I recently got a bandai model of George the Steamroller from Japan.  I'll be more than happy to share some photos of the model as well as the layout in general.  I have not had much time to do any layout work, but I will get around to it soon, since I've been meaning to share layout photos with everyone for some time now.
Modeler of HO/OO, OO9 and N scale.  Hoping for N scale Henry, Edward and Duck.

DinoNTrains

Chaz: Does Bandai George fit well on an HO layout?