News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

DCC

Started by srwjr, February 22, 2012, 12:50:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

srwjr

Just received a Bachmann DCC Spectrum train set. In setting it up I have a problem in that there appears to be no current reaching the Dynamis Command Station. There should be LEDs showing when the system is plugged in but the unit remains "in the dark." Is the problem likely with the transformer/adapter or with the Command Station?

Ken G Price

As one that does not use that make of a DCC system all I can come up with is.
After you have read the instructions and it does not work then  get some else to also read them.
If you both come up with the same results then most likely some part is defective. It happens. :o

Most likely some one else will give you some information that will help.
Ken G Price N-Scale out west. 1995-1996 or so! UP, SP, MoPac.
Pictures Of My Layout, http://s567.photobucket.com/albums/ss115/kengprice/

captain1313

Make sure the IR unit on the top is plugged in completely with no bent prongs.  Also check your power supply with a volt meter to see if it is working.

Kevin

Rangerover1944

Some DCC systems are finicky about setting the components up and plugging them in before you apply power from the outlet. Might be a factor!

Stevelewis

I have  a  Dynamis  but  these  days  only  use  it  for  programming  decoders occasionally,

However   a couple of  pointers  I assume  you  have fitted  batteries  and  they  are  correctly  aligned as per  instructions and  they  are  inserted  the correct way round  (+  & -)?

Have  you  switched  the  switch on the   control unit  to ON?

STEVE LEWIS   North  WALES   UK

Close  to  the  Great  Little  Trains  Of Wales!!