Updating the older models in the Thomas range

Started by dstu09, February 22, 2012, 05:51:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dstu09

Will the older Thomas models (mainly Thomas, Percy, and James) be updated since they have been the same since 2002 so how bout some change???

Cupix the Azelf

We don't know yet.
It seems they corrected their mistakes on the large scale models, however. ;)
Thomas + Bachmann = the True Thomas Experience.

dstu09

Well I think they should and primarily their first 3. They seriously need to change them. Don't you think it's annoying that they've been the same since 2002? 10 years since they've been out and yet no changes have been made. :-\

Cheeky_ULP

http://www.bachmanntrains.com/home-usa/board/index.php/topic,9227.0.html

Here's a thread I made some time before the Large Scale range was introduced. I'm still hoping Bachmann follows through with it.

Personally though, I wouldn't even mind if they had CGI faces by this point. If they're just scaled down Large Scale models (with redone chassis for HO), I'd be satisfied.

dstu09

Well if they use Thomas, Percy and james' season 1 faces we'd be much happier and they would sell better too. Now if they would realize that then they could make more money with them :)

JLK2707

I agree. I think that Bachmann should fix up their HO Scale models of Thomas, James and Percy. More people will buy them if they are TV series accurate.

Churchill8F

Quote from: JLK2707 on March 25, 2012, 07:44:06 PM
I agree. I think that Bachmann should fix up their HO Scale models of Thomas, James and Percy. More people will buy them if they are TV series accurate.

They're pretty much TV series accurate as they are now, bar a few details here and there.

Considering the models were amongst the first in the range, I find them acceptable. Yes, a retool would be nice but it's not really essential.

Jack
My Blog: 8F Works

Cheeky_ULP

Quote from: Churchill8F on March 27, 2012, 09:34:04 AM
Quote from: JLK2707 on March 25, 2012, 07:44:06 PM

They're pretty much TV series accurate as they are now, bar a few details here and there.

Considering the models were amongst the first in the range, I find them acceptable. Yes, a retool would be nice but it's not really essential.

Jack
By the time you add up all of those details, they might as well do an entirely new tooling, especially since there's a lot of inaccuracies by the millimeter, or other design errors such as the shape of Percys saddle tank, or the faces of the engines, which were likely based on promotional art at the time, rather than the actual show faces.

They already got the Large Scale designs to scale down to HO.