News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

New loco identification

Started by Andrew Simpson, February 22, 2012, 11:54:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Andrew Simpson

When ordering a 4-6-0 loco, how can I identify that it is new stock with metal gears. Is there some marking on the box?

I would be upset to find that a new loco is old stock. I would not mind if at purchase they gave you spare metal gears for when the old type eventually broke or wore out.

Regards from Andrew

Loco Bill Canelos

Hi Andrew,

Yes you can tell because the new Anniversary 4-6-0's with metal gears all have a 5 digit Bachamnn Product number on them which is different than all the other 4-6-0 product numbers

This is the link to the new 2012 Bachamnn catalog

http://estore.bachmanntrains.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=67&products_id=3841

go to the pages with the new 4-6-0's and you will find the road names available and the 5 digit Bachamnn Product number for each item.

Be sure you buy from a reputable dealer,  it is too easy for creeps to switch stuff in boxes and cheat unsuspecting folks.

Bill

Here are the numbers in case you can't access the new catalog for some reason!
91601   EBT   10
91602   D&RGW   178
91603   RGS   25
91604   SPC   22
91605   D&RG   10
91606   ET&WNC   11
Loco Bill,  Roundhouse Foreman
Colorado & Kansas Railway-Missouri Western Railway
Official Historian; Bachmann Large Scale
Colorado RR Museum-Brakeman-Engineer-Motorman-Trainman
There are no dumb or stupid questions, just questions!

Jon D. Miller

As Bill mentions the best way to identify the newest version is by its product number.

There is one visual cue that the Anniversary 4-6-0 is the latest model.  Look at the pony truck.  The new pony truck is metal.  It is attached/pivots at the motor cover and also pivots at the center of the pony truck.

Note the two pivot points on this new pony truck.

JD
Poster Child (unofficial & uncompensated)

Andrew Simpson

Thank you for the information. It gives me a better understanding of what to look for.
Cheers from Andrew