News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

missing screws in on30 shay

Started by krzyvolfan, February 09, 2007, 01:34:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

krzyvolfan

Good Afternoon
I purchased a shat last year and when I got around to opening it  I discovered some missing screws. I have called Bachamnn 3 times for replacements and they have said we will send ya some. Guess what I still have no screws! What is the secret to getting the missing screws? I would kinda like a forney, but when I cannot get parts for what I  already have
it kinda worries me,

Tom
North Mississippi

Rich R

Hi Tom,

If you have the exploded drawing that came with your Shay you might be better off locating the screws yourself. A well stocked local hobby shop sould have what you need and could assist you. If not perhaps someone here would be able to tell you what size screws you need if you tell us the location on the drawings?
I know you shouldn't have to do this yourself but sometimes it is faster and easier.

Cheers,
Rich R

krzyvolfan

Good Afternoon,
The screws I am missing to my on30 shay loco are 10547 and 10545. If anyone know what they are im sure I can acquire them somehow. Going to a hobby shop is a 100 mile drive. so its not somethin I often do. I do mail order with cornado and a few other places. I also have acess to  a nut and bolt supplier thru work.
Tom
North Mississippi

Rich R

Hi Tom,

The screws you need can probably be ordered from Walthers. They carry a large assortment of screws and what have you in the sizes required. Both wood and machine types.
When times were good and there was a well equipped local hobby shop around here he stocked the entire line so it was no problem getting what I needed. That lasted about a year and a half sadly.
Your best bet is to keep bugging the Bach man until he coughs up the required screws or at least tells you what size you need. 
You mentioned that you called three times and were told that you would be receiving them soon? What can I say, the squeaky wheel gets the grease.
Got a local RR modeling club any where near you? Possibly there is someone in that who would be able to set you up with what you need.
If it were me I’d be calling Bachmann service daily. Can’t say enough good about quality customer service, can’t say enough bad about the lack of same?

Cheers,
Rich R