News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Forney Details

Started by nzsteam, February 12, 2007, 11:34:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nzsteam

Hello

I have been looking for the information listing the detailed differences between the Forney models offered by Bachmann.

By Details I mean what light and tender options are available. In particular I would like information on the unlettered inside frame, and outside framed locomotives.

I remember reading somewhere that one of the locomotives came with additional details.

Any help would be most appreciated.

David Maciulaitis
New Zealand

David(UK)

The unpainted Versions come with three types of headlight  and a choice of pilot trucks Inside bearing or Outside bearing.
They also have the old type archbar rear truck and flared Tender
Depending on whether you buy the Inside frame or the outside frame versions determines whether you get a non-flared tender with Air pump ( Inside frame) or Flared tender/no air pump ( outside frame)
Regards
David(UK)
Rail Baron of Leeds

Maine 2 Foot

There are forney pictures in the Bachmann gallery. Look for the link in the main message board under general discussions. Some folks like me have purchased undecorated models, and you get 2 different pilot trucks and 3 types of headlights. If the configuration you want isn't one of the standard options, some folks like me are also in the same boat and can swap parts.

For instance, I have a tender on mine that is undecorated, without a flare. I am offering to swap it for a SR&RL one of the same type, and I will throw in the old headlight and spoked pilot truck as a bonus.

Vince

PS: I think this is the link to the album

http://www.bachmanntrains.com/home-usa/gallery/album10

nzsteam

Many thanks to those who responded, most appreciated.

Thanks

David Maciulaitis
New Zealand