STORE
"ASK THE BACH MAN"
FORUM
PARTS, SERVICE,
& INFORMATION
CATALOGS AND
BROCHURES

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
November 21, 2019, 10:43:19 AM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Check out the photo gallery link above or >click here< to see photos of recently announced products!
+  Bachmann Message Board
|-+  Discussion Boards
| |-+  Thomas & Friends
| | |-+  The Projects & Works In Progress Thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 29 Print
Author Topic: The Projects & Works In Progress Thread  (Read 222908 times)
MetaDude27
« Reply #270 on: July 10, 2012, 02:31:25 PM »

They look awesome! Keep up the good work. Smiley
Narrowgauge111

View Profile
« Reply #271 on: July 11, 2012, 03:36:44 PM »

lol, I haven't even gotten diesel yet, and your buying extras to chop up and make customs out of?! I need to go to a hobby store... Grin
JWR3001

View Profile WWW
« Reply #272 on: July 13, 2012, 10:07:43 AM »

Splatter & Dodge are looking great Stepney. Just saw the latest photos on your Facebook page--the weathering makes a world of difference (I must say, before the weathering, something about the models just didn't seem right to me). Can't wait until the lettering arrives!  Wink

Got some photos to share with you all of the Classic Series 1 Windmill project I'm currently working on (made from a Dapol Windmill Kit).

I took a bit of creative license with the paint colours--the reference photos I used to paint the model are quite old, its very difficult to tell what colours were used on the original model. At any rate, I'm sure a bit of proper weathering when its finished will greatly improve its appearance.

Until next time,

JWR3001

TrainFan2020

View Profile
« Reply #273 on: July 13, 2012, 10:10:22 AM »

cool
ThomasFan247

View Profile
« Reply #274 on: July 13, 2012, 10:38:36 AM »

The windmill is coming along beautifully. I can't wait to see the finished product Smiley
RW James

View Profile
« Reply #275 on: July 13, 2012, 12:01:16 PM »

I have the same Dapol kit (unbuilt) with the same plan - so I'm looking forward to see how this turns out. Good job so far.

Rick
Cheeky_ULP

View Profile
« Reply #276 on: July 13, 2012, 12:50:18 PM »

Will you be putting a motor in it to make the fans move?
JWR3001

View Profile WWW
« Reply #277 on: July 13, 2012, 11:08:05 PM »

Thanks alot guys, much appreciated.

Will you be putting a motor in it to make the fans move?

I thought about this before the project and yes, I will be motorising it at one point, but not yet. I'll wait until the layout has developed a bit more before I get around to it (hopefully by then I'll have the money and knowledge to do it--I really have no clue on how to go about it right now  Tongue ). I'll just be building the structure for now.

JWR3001

AJWPRODUCTIONS
« Reply #278 on: July 15, 2012, 05:40:23 AM »

Even with a motor, in that case, best windmill EVER, which reminds me I need to work on mine sometime soon, I've just been sick and on a holiday for 2 weeks, so only just got back about 2 hours ago Smiley Grin
AJWPRODUCTIONS
« Reply #279 on: July 17, 2012, 10:40:15 AM »

Double post, please deal with it Wink.
Some Pictures of the castle ruins on my layout, I didn't know where else to put them. I'll take some better pictures soon but this is all I've got at the moment Smiley Tongue

GTPS2

View Profile
« Reply #280 on: July 17, 2012, 01:27:33 PM »

For those of you that has seen my Season 1 Truck should know that I'm going to work on two new projects.

Custom made Troublesome Truck(Using a Cargo Car with a face from one of the Wooden Giggling Troublesome Trucks)
1:64th scaled version of John Tanner's Dodge Callenger R/T from Driver San Francisco(Using a Hot Wheels 1970 or 1971 Dodge Challenger R/T)

But I want to ask someone about Tanner's Dodge Challenger from Driver San Francisco.

Should I buy Hot Wheels' 1970 Dodge Challenger R/T or the 1971 version, cuz the Challenger in Driver San Francisco was a 1970 model painted yellow with black racing stripes, a big engine and a black wing?

Photo of Tanner's Challenger:

Photo showing the wing:

You might not have played Driver San Francisco, but you can see how the Dodge Challenger looked like in that game.

I also need to know which Challenger R/T made by Hot Wheels should I buy to make it look like the one from Driver San Francisco? The 1970 version, or the 1971 version?

Photo of Hot Wheels 1970 Dodge Challenger:

Photo of Hot Wheels 1971 Dodge Challenger(Notice the wing on this model):
« Last Edit: July 19, 2012, 08:36:59 PM by GTPS2 » Logged
Narrowgauge111

View Profile
« Reply #281 on: July 17, 2012, 02:13:21 PM »

I HAVE played this game before (quite a few time) and id say repaint the green '71: it has the black hood scoop that Tanners has as well
JWR3001

View Profile WWW
« Reply #282 on: July 18, 2012, 12:06:58 AM »

Some Pictures of the castle ruins on my layout, I didn't know where else to put them. I'll take some better pictures soon but this is all I've got at the moment Smiley Tongue

Looks good...the positioning is good and the painting looks like it went off without any trouble. You've also weathered it pretty good, which is more than I can say for any of my projects.  Wink

I also notice that you've also got the Hornby Dryaw station on your layout... Grin

Anyway, looking forward to seeing more photos soon!

JWR3001

AJWPRODUCTIONS
« Reply #283 on: July 18, 2012, 03:25:07 AM »

Looks good...the positioning is good and the painting looks like it went off without any trouble. You've also weathered it pretty good, which is more than I can say for any of my projects.  Wink

I also notice that you've also got the Hornby Dryaw station on your layout... Grin

Anyway, looking forward to seeing more photos soon!

JWR3001
Actually no, I used two greys and the trouble was which should be the base, and then I did some weathering when the paint was too fresh and it was a nightmare and yeah the hornby dryaw was always my station of choice Wink.
JWR3001

View Profile WWW
« Reply #284 on: July 18, 2012, 03:55:55 AM »

Really? Oh well, it isn't fun if its too easy! At least it turned out well in the end (at least, judging from the photos).

JWR3001

Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 29 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: