The Projects & Works In Progress Thread

Started by Stepney the 'Bluebell' Engine, February 25, 2012, 06:24:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

panniertankboy8751

>Goes on ATBM for first time in weeks
>What's going on in this thre...

Quote from: Shawn on August 01, 2012, 01:23:16 AM

Sorry it's so bathed in light,  the handrails, pipes and window surrounds are all meant to be gold.   It was about 5 hours work.

SWEET CELESTIA ON A BUN THAT'S AWESOME

Shawn

More has happened to it,  but first look at what I made....
View My Video

And here's Rheneas...

~Shawn

Shawn

For all stepney fans.....

This is what I think stepney would look like in the CGI series.... and this is CGI!

still a wip,  but will finish it tommorow evening!

Calebtrain

Wow, both Rheneas and Stepney look great! I can't wait to see the finished product. Will you be adding weathering to the narrow gauge engines?  :)
http://www.youtube.com/user/Calebtrain

I am always willing to help the best way I can. :)

Shawn

I will.   I haven't yet cos it's a real pain!!!   I'd have to "uv-unwrap" it and make the textures by hand.   He and the others will be clean (like the engine depot profiles:). I will work on Stepney when I get home from church today.  It will be the most accurate trainz Stepney ever!  If I realise it to trainz.  Tell me if you would like it.

JWR3001

Wow, some impressive animation going on here. I myself am very interested in animation, so you've definitely gotten my interest with this. Great work!

Do you have any set goals at this point (i.e are you trying to get certain characters done for your series, or is it pretty much freewheeling)?

JWR3001

Shawn

It's just random at this point whilst I build by skills further.

All characters I have made will most-likely be redone,  From 1 to whatever I need when I get the scripts back.  But I think I will release stepney to trainz.

If you want to try some animations,  download blender at blender.org,  It's as powerful (if not more powerful) as the $3500, 3DSmax.  and blender is free!

Watch some tuts, from blenderguru.com,  and youtubers such as wireheadking, firechildc and many others will help you build a possible future career!

Also type in "blender landscape tutorial, to learn how to make...well landscapes!  And Blenderguru's underground subway tutorial to make track, and how to use array and mirror modifiers!

If you have a mac,  you will have to do a google search on how to use blender with a one button mouse.

Have fun! 

Shawn

This is my TVS/RWS/real life "tribryd"  gordon.  basicly how he should have been built on the tv show.  it includes TVS running plate, real life double chimny, and RWS/real life taperd boiler

PasqualeCS96

Shawn

So.  here is my first test with the cycles render engine.  It is slightly noisey cos it was'nt quite finished rendering.  Percy just needs some details then he will be finished.

TobyTheTram16

Shawn

Thank!   I am quite happy with them thus far.  blender has been tricky to learn,  but now I know it by the back of my hand! 

Thanks for the support guys!

Anthony P2

awesome looking models! they are coming along great!

question for the expert modelers out there: if I want to turn a mail car into a regular van, do i have to prime it first? my guess is yes, but i could be wrong.

ThomasFan247

Not necessarily. I didn't prime mine, just painted over it with acrylic paints. Mind you, though, that acrylic paint tends to chip and scratch easily, so if you were to use it I'd spray it with an overcoat :)

Anthony P2

when you painted yours, could you see SODOR MAIL?