The Projects & Works In Progress Thread

Started by Stepney the 'Bluebell' Engine, February 25, 2012, 06:24:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

donaldthescottishtwin

Depends what paints you use also, paints I have ever used never chipped. But for a neater job airbrush it i tend to get the brush hairs onto the model may post my abandoned projects here.

Anthony P2

I've had brown spray paint at the ready for some time now. i just never got around to it because i've been really busy this summer.

ThomasFan247

I had to apply several coats of paint so the new paint job didn't look translucent, but in the end "Sodor Mail" disappeared :)

Calebtrain

I didn't use the old mail van, beacuse they got a CGI update. I just scratched off the envelopes and painted it brown. No primer.  :)
http://www.youtube.com/user/Calebtrain

I am always willing to help the best way I can. :)

Anthony P2

that's my plan, to convert a CGI style mail van. I already have 4 classic style mail vans and i don't want to mess them up. all 4 together make up a nice train and i can always leave a mail van at the back of the yard, or something, to make the layout a little more realistic.

donaldthescottishtwin

That's good, keep the classic style abuse the awful CGI style.

thomasj219

Hhaha it's not really abuse more modification. If i got a New Style Mail van I would repaint it. I can't wait to finally have my trains in the same house as I am. I have 4 classic style mail vans as well.
All I want is, Stepney, Boco, Harvey.

shining time

hey is it possible to transfer a Thomas gearbox and wheels to a Toby chassis
long live the GWR, LNER, and the narrow gauge railways

donaldthescottishtwin

Anyone know where I can get a reasonable sized layout table, with draws for storage I would like.

thomasj219

To my knoweledge you have to build them. My uncle built a nice one for me a few years ago with shelves and all. So you have to buy the wood and do the carpentry.
All I want is, Stepney, Boco, Harvey.

ThomasFan247

You could always buy a coffee table with drawers and build your layout on that :P

donaldthescottishtwin

Well I have decided to build a layout in my grandma's spare room, when empty its pretty big have to go and measure so I can decide what size table I need, I have decided to replicate Knapford as one of the area's everywhere else I'm not sure yet.

Shawn

your probably all tired of seeing these, but aw-well.

This is a completely new tooling.  Brand new completely different to the first rheneas.

Guess how long It took me to make this!

PasqualeCS96

Why did HiT change Rheneas' color? He looks like Duncan now, this would never suit his Grace.

DinoNTrains

Bachmann never ceases to amaze me :)