The Projects & Works In Progress Thread

Started by Stepney the 'Bluebell' Engine, February 25, 2012, 06:24:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shawn

I might change it if these are the reactions I am getting....

PasqualeCS96

@Shawn Don't get me wrong, you have made a nice model.  :) I just don;t understand why HiT would stoop that low and change his color, thats like changing Donald and Douglas from black to orange with purple stripes.

Cheeky_ULP

They didn't change his color, if you watch the movie you'll understand the context of Rheneas being painted yellow.

donaldthescottishtwin

Quote from: PasqualeCS96 on September 08, 2012, 03:55:51 PM
thats like changing Donald and Douglas from black to orange with purple stripes.

You can imagine how peed of I would be, I believe his repaint isn't permanent. Even HIT should know to respect the character's identity after all Skarloey and Rheneas kept their RWS livery apart from the stripes.

Anthony P2

i believe the repaint was supposed to be a joke for Thomas........in other words something to make money off of.  :P

shining time

hey i have a question im thinking about kit bashing a few locos when i can obtain them to make an ho Sir Handel what would be some good engine suggestions to use.
im thinking bill's boiler half of Percy's  cab and half of bills cab and a Thomas chassis; for motive power probably bills motor

long live the GWR, LNER, and the narrow gauge railways

donaldthescottishtwin

Quote from: shining time on September 09, 2012, 12:12:06 PM
hey i have a question im thinking about kit bashing a few locos when i can obtain them to make an ho Sir Handel what would be some good engine suggestions to use.
im thinking bill's boiler half of Percy's  cab and half of bills cab and a Thomas chassis; for motive power probably bills motor

Lol the best thing you can do is use a Hornby Caledonian Belle and modifie that if you want a HO Sir handle.

shining time

donaldthescottishtwin

It looks very close to him already with more modifying should look good.

Plus the coach looks the part of a Skarloey railway coach.

shining time

fitzythe4p

That is a standard gauge locomotive, and I'm afraid wouldn't be very good for an accurate Sir Handel, although it shares some features. Sir Handel is a narrow gauge engine, and if you want an accurate looking model, you can get a kit to build a model of his basis, Sir Haydn, on the Parkside Dundas website. the kit is only about 25 pounds although you need to build and paint it yourself as well as get a chassis for the kit to roll on

shining time

Quote from: fitzythe4p on September 09, 2012, 05:19:29 PM
That is a standard gauge locomotive, and I'm afraid wouldn't be very good for an accurate Sir Handel, although it shares some features. Sir Handel is a narrow gauge engine, and if you want an accurate looking model, you can get a kit to build a model of his basis, Sir Haydn, on the Parkside Dundas website. the kit is only about 25 pounds although you need to build and paint it yourself as well as get a chassis for the kit to roll on

thxs but im just gonna make a model of him but i might do the another time

Shawn

Calebtrain

Oh..my word...That looks epic! I'll send you storyboards soon!
http://www.youtube.com/user/Calebtrain

I am always willing to help the best way I can. :)

Shawn

all-right...I'll be ready to start production on your episode!