News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

spectrum ez comand wireless

Started by GRZ, March 08, 2012, 04:46:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GRZ

a co, in Cal has addvertized Bachmann ez wireless control for 159.00+10 shipping and they said they nosmaly sell for 350.00.Item# 38401281493,is this a smart buy? what else is needed? grz

richg

Quote from: GRZ on March 08, 2012, 04:46:26 PM
a co, in Cal has addvertized Bachmann ez wireless control for 159.00+10 shipping and they said they nosmaly sell for 350.00.Item# 38401281493,is this a smart buy? what else is needed? grz

$159.00 vs $350.00. What do you think? Sure looks obvious to me. Make sure all the parts in the Bachmann list are there.

Check the Bachmann Product list. The manuals are there also.

Rich

vern1959

GRZ I just bought the Dynamis Control system from MTS online for $119.95 plus S&H everything was there and I am happily programming my new B&M 2-6-0 Mogul with sound right now!! Only issue is if I switch on my energy saver flourescent bulbs the command base loses control of everything! Other than that I have set the engine address, renamed the engine and changed the symbol and programmed several CV's for volume etc. Overall having a blast I can even run my MTH F3 on the same track with the DCC wireless controller.
    Good luck!
        Vern :)

vern1959

Your welcome GRZ I too am a novice to these newfangled HO trains after a 30 year break for raising the family. Not only did I get the Dynamis DCC set for $120 but I bought the 2-6-0 Mogul for $110 from Modeltrainstuff.com Yesterday I was at Charles Ro in Malden,Mass. and they were selling these beautiful little engines for just under $100 and these have DCC and sound!! Have to let the wallet cool down for awhile but I heartily recommend the Dynamis DCC wireless set if you can get it for under $150 you can really learn DCC programming from it at your own pace. I watched the excellent little 5 part video series on you tube on the Bachmann Dynamis system before I bought it and learned alot from the demostrations just search "dynamis" on you tube and you will find it.
  Have fun whatever you do!
     Vern :)

vern1959

Hi GRZ!
Good news for you it is a really fun way to run DCC-however don't put your DC engines on the track with DCC power applied!!
Remember, with DC you control voltage to the track directly with your transformer/controller. With DCC the is voltage always present on the track and a small digital control current-this digital signal may damage your plain DC engines motors over time. I just keep my old MRC DC controller handy and swap the leads over for old-time DC operation. Most DCC equipped engines sold today have dual decoders which allow Straight DC operation so you can run them with your older stuff until you swap it over to DCC. Best of both worlds!
Charles Ro in Malden, Mass. is only about 1 and a half hours from me so it is well worth the ride given their prices. I love the Bachman 2-6-0
Mogul I bought and really want one of the sound equipped S4 switchers also $100 at online. If you are starting out with the Dynamis maybe you could get a fairly cheap DCC equipped diesel for under $60 and practice programming it and setting CV's? If you mess things up just follow the directions for resetting the engine and you are back where you started no harm done. Enjoy yourself and take it slow once you program an engine it really is a satisfying feeling...
    Vern

vern1959

Hi GRZ good to hear from you. Charles Ro has a very large internet store at www.charlesro.com but they specialize in O scale. They only list MTH products in HO but when I visited them last week they have a super selection of HO and N stuff and the prices equalled or bettered any internet store I have checked. I know they take phone orders but you might need to know the product number if you want something. Sounds like fun at Steamtown I remember it seems so long ago.
The Bachmann 2-6-0 is a simple little engine with just enough detail to make it attractive and decent sound package as well. I want to buy some plain DCC engines and put sound decoders in them I can find many of the Bachmann diesels with DCC for $40-$60 online and at Charles Ro. Let me know how you make out with the sound installation when you get there. I have put MRC sound cards in 8 Williams by Bachmann O scale engines but that is a whole diffferent ballgame loads of room in those things! Hope the Bachmann Ho engines are as durable as my O scale Williams they are really rugged. Talk to you later enjoy the DCC system when it arrives.
    Vern