News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Used Bachman Locomotives

Started by patsynted, February 26, 2012, 02:37:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

patsynted

I have HO locomotives dating back to 1965 when I purchased them new. I have also purchased several new and used locomotives in the past  several years. I am currently converting many to DCC/Sound. So of course I choose those that I feel qualify and then start the conversion. However many come without the instructions and schmatics required to open, service and re-wire them.

In particular I have a few Bachman 4-8-4 Northerns like the 41-580-02 Sante Fe. One in particular is not running and I may need to re-motor it. Hence I need the parts list and instructions.

Question is, does Bachman have a link to pull up old instructions or does Bachman or anyone have these particular instructions that they can "E" mail me? Am having fun setting up DCC. What a change from 1965.

Thanks. Ted

richg

Everything is made in China now.
Many older locos had split frame and poor motors, wiring. Motor probably difficult to isolate from the frame.
You will smoke a decoder if the motor contacts are not isolated. Read expensive with sound decoders that can range between, $50.00, low end, to around $150.00, high end, each. Price will depend on your source.
I strongly suggest a lot of on line research into what variables exist in model Railroading with DCC. With your old locos, definitely not plug and play.

The Internet has thousands of links about many aspects, products for DCC.

No idea on what your experience is with mrr locomotives.

I seriously doubt Bachmann has any paper work. The company is much different now. Bean counters run it.
Below is a link with some Bachmann diagrams.

http://www.hoseeker.net/bachmann.html

The diagrams are sent to that site by others.

Others here who have had Bachmann products for some time might be able to help.

Rich

phillyreading

It might be both easier and cheaper to buy stuff with the new DCC control units installed. Is there enough room to mount all the new electronics inside the older engines and still get the cover back on?

Lee F.