News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

question re NCE POWER CAB POWER PANEL

Started by kewatin, February 26, 2012, 08:33:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kewatin

I have a feeling that i might have damaged my nce power panel, the power cab was not plugged into the power panel when i accidently switched from dc to dcc. .my layout is wired for dcc &also dc as i have a lot of locos that are dc&not all are upgradable. when i plugged my power cab into the power panel every thing went fine,ready lite came on recalled loco address &throttled up NADA no headlight etc. tried another loco, selected loco # again nada. would i be correct in assuming that idamaged the power panel if so i can get another from my favourite on-line store for $18.00.OR IS THEIR SOMETHING ELSE I SHOULD TRY, any help or suggestions would be most appreciated.
regards&later KEWATIN
P.S i know i should not be running 2 systems on my layout but at 71 danger is my frugal middle name. maybe time for a change

johnTom

I like U.S. HISTORY, railroad history.etc...

Tom

poliss

When you get everything working again, fit a Double Pole Double Throw Switch between the outlets of the DC and DCC power feeds.

kewatin

GREETINGS&update.
well irecieved my new replacement power panel and sure enogh the layout is up and running. it is pretty obious that i had back feed of dc thru to it. thank goodness my hand held power cab was not plugged in or it would have been disasterous as well as expensive. ishall live dangerously though as i have to much quality dc stuff to ignore. i have installed a dc  power light on with a toggle switch to completly isolate the dc from the dcc system. i thank all whom responded for their ideas &help.
REGARDS&LATER KEWATIN