News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Enclosed Freight Body for Rail Truck

Started by Jerry Barnes, February 27, 2012, 12:29:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jerry Barnes

I posted this in the general discussion forum, thought it should be here instead.
   For my Bachmann Rail Truck I wanted an enclosed body to hide the battery I use for power. Micro Mark used to have one, but no longer offer it. I got this laser cut kit from Mount Blue Model Co.  http://www.mountbluemodelco.com

The kit went together well. I made the roof removable so I could get to the battery easily. The roof is covered with Nashua metal duct tape that I embossed with nail head textures. You peel off the backing and stick it on. I used Krylon primer and flat black with Bragdon chalks to weather.

The kit comes with some plastic 'hinges', I 'rusted' them some and made the latch out of excess material.

The cab lettering I made on my computer on Papilio ink jet vinyl. The kit comes with pre-cut plastic windows that fit in well. There is some 'cargo' on this side that I printed out to make some boxes.

Loco Bill Canelos

Looks great Jerry,  I really like the back passenger seat on yours. I made my own with styrene sheets and strips pretty much for the same reason you did.  I needed to hide the receiver and batteries.  I also made a stock trailer using parts from an old Bachmann handcar trailer I had in my junk box.

My Missouri Western No 3 with a load of hogs headed to St Louis,  passes the New Truxton station headed for a siding to get in the clear for the evening passenger train.  Doggone porkers sure stink things up!! ;D

Bill

Loco Bill,  Roundhouse Foreman
Colorado & Kansas Railway-Missouri Western Railway
Official Historian; Bachmann Large Scale
Colorado RR Museum-Brakeman-Engineer-Motorman-Trainman
There are no dumb or stupid questions, just questions!

MAELLIS

This looks really good. You did a great job with this. It looks just like the photos I have seen of Goose # 1 after the box was fitted. I'll have to have a look at this kit. Was the kit well made and easy to mount afterwards ?

( RGS G scale fan in Norway !)

az2rail

Nice job Jerry.
And to you also Bill. Both rail trucks look great.

Bruce
If your parents never had children, chances are you won't either.

Jerry Barnes

Kit was well made, went together easily. I did modify it a bit, roof comes of to access the battery.