News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Bachmanns Future for HO Thomas

Started by Cheeky_ULP, February 28, 2012, 01:52:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JWR3001

If you paint over James' painting errors well enough, the model can actually be a nice model to look at. Having said that, though, looking at my James lined up next to my Edward, the size difference is almost unbearable.

The face is the only other point of criticism for me, however considering the character, I wouldn't say it was the worst face Bachmann ever made--That title belongs to Thomas & Percy in my opinion. I suppose it just proves that Bachmann's work does improve with time and practice. :P

I think a Trevor model would be a wise decision on Bachmann's part. A long-lasting and recognisable road character who people will (for the most part) still remember...(Or perhaps that statement isn't so realistic?). Would be a nice addition to any layout featuring Harold, Bertie or Terence & would look good in almost any setting within a model railroad (whether it be a Town Fair, Harbor or Orchard). At any rate, it would give those of us who don't have access to an Ertl collection a nice looking (and hopefully more refined & accurate in terms of HO scale) Trevor model to place around the layout as decoration.

But again, just my thoughts...

JWR3001

ClearwtaerMK2

In order for bachmann to make some Skarloey engines they would have to make some HOn30 tracks & some narrow gauge engines from the USA first. HOn30 is part of 3.5mm along with HO itself.

Cheeky_ULP

Quote from: ClearwtaerMK2 on March 02, 2012, 05:03:23 PM
In order for bachmann to make some Skarloey engines they would have to make some HOn30 tracks & some narrow gauge engines from the USA first. HOn30 is part of 3.5mm along with HO itself.
HOn30 can easily be substituted for N scale track. If people want to buy the proper track though, the alternatives exist.

FlyingKipper3

Quote from: ClearwtaerMK2 on March 02, 2012, 05:03:23 PM

Or, they can just get some of the design guys who have done work for Bachmann's Lilliput range, specifically HOe scale, to set a few of the standards, ie coupling heights and scale.

As Sparks said, chances are it'd come with N scale track. I believe the On30 train sets are sold with HO scale track.

7029cluncastle

They could do with a new Spencer, i have looked at this and found it looks terrible! The hornby one is Streaks head! (no pun intended!)
"There are two ways of doing things: the Great Western way, or the wrong way. I' m Great Western and..."

DuckFan45

All engines need to be updated except Donald,Douglas,Diesel and Duck in my opinion

Calebtrain

Quote from: DuckFan45 on March 05, 2012, 07:13:16 PM
All engines need to be updated except Donald,Douglas,Diesel and Duck in my opinion
I don't think Edward, Salty or Mavis need to be updated. :P
http://www.youtube.com/user/Calebtrain

I am always willing to help the best way I can. :)

Anthony P2

or Bill and Ben, well maybe just Ben's face. Emily and Toby are alright too.

Calebtrain

Quote from: Anthony P2 on March 05, 2012, 10:10:56 PM
True that!  ::)
http://www.youtube.com/user/Calebtrain

I am always willing to help the best way I can. :)

Cheeky_ULP

Quote from: Calebtrain on March 05, 2012, 07:54:11 PM
Quote from: DuckFan45 on March 05, 2012, 07:13:16 PM
I don't think Edward, Salty or Mavis need to be updated. :P
I think only Henry needs a new tender, but everyone else is good IMO or not as important enough to financially warrant a redesign.

Skarloey

It seems people are disappointed in Ben's face, but really, it's more based on this face from The Great Discovery.

fighter4luv

I just want to see the main engines from seasons 1-4 all made.

So basically all that's left to be released (since Duck is already next) is:

1. Boco
2. Daisy
3. Oliver
4. Stepney

Then that's the main classic engines from all 4 seasons released. I would be a very happy Thomas & Friends fan.

Anthony P2

if they did make narrow gauge engines then Bachmann has the advantage to make Victor as well. and if the can make models like the DeWitt Clinton, the Lafayette/Pegusses locomotives then they can make the narrow gauge engines because the motors will be able to fit inside. plus if the did start making narrow gauge engines both Thomas and regular locomotives than this will give the advantage to modelers h=who want to model narrow gauge american lines if they don't have the room for On30 models.

Cupix the Azelf

Quote from: Skarloey on March 06, 2012, 02:31:27 AM

It seems people are disappointed in Ben's face, but really, it's more based on this face from The Great Discovery.

The face was also used in the episodes where Bill and Ben were in around Seasons 8-11. ;)
Thomas + Bachmann = the True Thomas Experience.

Skarloey

Quote from: Cupix the Azelf on March 06, 2012, 10:30:24 PM
Quote from: Skarloey on March 06, 2012, 02:31:27 AM

The face was also used in the episodes where Bill and Ben were in around Seasons 8-11. ;)

No, I don't think so, as their normal Season 3 faces were used much of the time, as well as this one.