News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Bachmanns Future for HO Thomas

Started by Cheeky_ULP, February 28, 2012, 01:52:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DuckFan45

Im just talking couplings, faces unpainted areas and big black blocks (James) and sizes

Oh, and by the way im new here

branmas

Welcome to the Forum! Hope you enjoy it here.

Churchill8F

If anything, I'd love to see NEM coupling pockets. Considering they're becoming the norm, it'd help me out in regards to couplings. At the moment, I'm fitted Kaydees to all of mine and it's time consuming when everything has incompatible mounts.

DCC sockets are something else I'd like to see, but they aren't really that essential.

Jack
My Blog: 8F Works

Churchill8F

If anything though, I'd love to see the show move onto CGI era characters. The likes of Hiro, Charlie, Whiff and Rosie would be nice to see produced.

Jack

Anthony P2

I agree. there are MANY characters that i can see Bachmann coming out with like (As you said) Rosie or Hiro. Charlie would be a good seller too. I do think it is time for Bachmann to come out with another female character like Rosie and/or, if Bachmann wants to, make Daisy. Daisy would be an easy make. there would be PLENTY of room for DCC and/or sound. NEM couplings and DCC sockets would be nice as well, along with some road characters like Trevor, Blugy, Elizabeth and even Butch.

Cupix the Azelf

@Skarloey yes, I know, but that face used for Bachmann Ben was around in the S8-11 era for the first time.
Thomas + Bachmann = the True Thomas Experience.

Chaz

Quote from: fighter4luv on March 06, 2012, 02:34:53 AM
I just want to see the main engines from seasons 1-4 all made.

So basically all that's left to be released (since Duck is already next) is:

1. Boco
2. Daisy
3. Oliver
4. Stepney

Then that's the main classic engines from all 4 seasons released. I would be a very happy Thomas & Friends fan.

If only...

The only ones who have a chance at this point are Oliver and Stepney.  Stepney has a much smaller chance then Oliver too, which is a shame because he is one of my favorite characters and I can picture Bachmann doing Stepney beautifully.  

As for Oliver, if he were to be announced next year (or the year after), it honestly wouldn't surprise me.  He would be the most logical character to follow up with recent additions.  It would really surprise me if Bachmann would do the likes of Bill, Ben, Donald, Douglas, and Duck in recent years but not Oliver.  Even if we should expect newer characters in the near future, I personally think that Oliver still has a lot of potential.
Modeler of HO/OO, OO9 and N scale.  Hoping for N scale Henry, Edward and Duck.

Cheeky_ULP

I'm just -hoping- Bachmann squeezes in Oliver, and maybe BoCo and Daisy before moving on to the CGI era. If they got Stepney as well though, Bachmann would have a perfect collection of the classic engines we remember from Season 1-4.

gwr duck

i wanna see charlie or stanley
but if it was up 2 me what engines came next defo oliver,stepney,daisy
but as 4 boco or derek i think HELJAN UK should make them coz thay have the class's

Cheeky_ULP

Quote from: gwr duck on March 15, 2012, 01:22:08 PM
but as 4 boco or derek i think HELJAN UK should make them coz thay have the class's
Heljan doesn't have the rights to make Thomas locomotives, but I did seize that opportunity for Derek.

I was going to repaint him, but when I proposed this, it was met with general objection since Heljans model is already the right color and is a fine piece of work! Good hauler too. I was lucky to get it from a friend.

gwr duck

i always wanted 2 do that wear did the face come from and is there a way 2 put a smoke unit in it 2 make it look like hes broken down again  ::) ::)

Churchill8F

Quote from: Sparks on March 15, 2012, 01:51:33 PM
Quote from: gwr duck on March 15, 2012, 01:22:08 PM
Heljan doesn't have the rights to make Thomas locomotives, but I did seize that opportunity for Derek.

I was going to repaint him, but when I proposed this, it was met with general objection since Heljans model is already the right color and is a fine piece of work! Good hauler too. I was lucky to get it from a friend.

I like this. The Heljan model is by far the best Class 17 model out there.

Jack

Shawn

Choobacca

delete

Churchill8F

Quote from: Choobacca on April 05, 2012, 04:51:10 AMI'm sure I've read somewhere that Kader who make the Bachmann Thomas range also have some tooling for a Guards Brake van with a working light at the back?

Hornby made some (I think!) back in the 70s, but I've never seen a ready to run Mainline/Bachmann Branchline example.

Jack